Nowzad Evacuation

WalkedUp

56 minutes ago, oldypigeonpopper said:

Hello, I read after midnight Uk flights from Kabul air port will stop, when the USA and other counties if any do the same on the 31st , any thoughts on what the Taliban will do with no foreign power to stop them, Bidons now said we've sent over a Drone and maybe killed 1 of the recent bombers ? It's interesting to see how these Drones work, there a film on this but cannot remember name, 

Eye in the Sky? 

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

5 hours ago, oldypigeonpopper said:

Hello, I read after midnight Uk flights from Kabul air port will stop, when the USA and other counties if any do the same on the 31st , any thoughts on what the Taliban will do with no foreign power to stop them, Bidons now said we've sent over a Drone and maybe killed 1 of the recent bombers ? It's interesting to see how these Drones work, there a film on this but cannot remember name, 

Looks like the American soldiers shot a Brit 😨

He sounds like a lovely fellow. This was to the aide he felt was blocking his flight out

'“You either get me that ******* Isaf number and you get me permission to get on to that ******* airfield, or tomorrow morning I’m going to turn on you and the whole ******* country, and everybody else who’s invested in this rescue, is going to know it’s you, you, blocking this ******* move. Alright?...I'm going to spend the rest of my time ******* destroying you on social media and every other ******* platform I can find."

On 26/08/2021 at 10:51, Raja Clavata said:

I blame Bambi.

One of the key issues I have with my other half is the fact that she is completely unmoved by scenes of human suffering on the news but the moment a furry animal is in danger she insists on the channel being changed, like literally she'll eat her dinner watching human famine and suffering on TV and think nothing of it. I will never understand it.

I can't have any kind of nature program on for exactly this. If a lion eats a zebra it's poor zebra.. yet it's real life, and as I type this we are tucking in to a BBQ full of meat products... 

29 minutes ago, chrisjpainter said:

He sounds like a lovely fellow.

People who are obsessive about something (as he is about his 'animal rescue' project) become completely blinkered to rational thought processes.  They focus entirely on what they want to achieve to the exclusion of all else and will be ruthlessly unpleasant to anyone they see standing in their way - right to trying to destroy opposition by fair means or foul.  The obsession takes over and is in a way, a type of mental illness.

31 minutes ago, JohnfromUK said:

People who are obsessive about something (as he is about his 'animal rescue' project) become completely blinkered to rational thought processes.  They focus entirely on what they want to achieve to the exclusion of all else and will be ruthlessly unpleasant to anyone they see standing in their way - right to trying to destroy opposition by fair means or foul.  The obsession takes over and is in a way, a type of mental illness.

You mean, just like Packham?

On 26/08/2021 at 10:51, Raja Clavata said:

I blame Bambi.

One of the key issues I have with my other half is the fact that she is completely unmoved by scenes of human suffering on the news but the moment a furry animal is in danger she insists on the channel being changed, like literally she'll eat her dinner watching human famine and suffering on TV and think nothing of it. I will never understand it.

im sorry ....:lol:..got to admit im like that to.......cant bear to watch them Attenbouourgh programmes ...always full of ainmale killing each other....

Just now, London Best said:

You mean, just like Packham?

Yes, very much the same thing and Packhams is (by his own admission) Aspbergers, I don't know enough to know if Fathing has Asbergers, has autistism, has OCD, or is simply 'obsessive' about his chosen path in life - but these things are known as a 'spectrum' because they are not clearly defined.

2 hours ago, JohnfromUK said:

Yes, very much the same thing and Packhams is (by his own admission) Aspbergers, I don't know enough to know if Fathing has Asbergers, has autistism, has OCD, or is simply 'obsessive' about his chosen path in life - but these things are known as a 'spectrum' because they are not clearly defined.

Greta and parents, swampy and family, extinction re fruit cakes, we'd like to read you a passage from the bible people, people who want to be a third gender, its a mad world 

On 27/08/2021 at 09:50, Mungler said:

The powers that be were never going to let a plane containing stray animals out when there were people being left behind, no matter what the logistical possibilities were.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-essex-58370218

Foreign Affairs Select Committee chair Tom Tugendhat said: "The difficulty is getting people into and out of the airport and we've just used a lot of troops to bring in 200 dogs, meanwhile my interpreter's family are likely to be killed.

"As one interpreter asked me a few days ago 'why is my five-year-old worth less than your dog?'," the Conservative MP added.

Remember the badger cull and the decision to cease issuing licences?

And claims that they sensed "the hand" of Carrie Antoinette?

Who is head of the "Badger Trust"?

Dominic Dyer.

Google that name and the words Operation Ark and Nowzad.

I'll of course now add that I not at all suggesting she had anything at all to do with it despite what some may have written:

https://www.theweek.co.uk/news/people/953938/the-curious-case-of-pen-farthing-carrie-johnson-and-the-afghan-animal-airlift

Edited by enfieldspares

47 minutes ago, 39TDS said:

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-essex-58370218

Foreign Affairs Select Committee chair Tom Tugendhat said: "The difficulty is getting people into and out of the airport and we've just used a lot of troops to bring in 200 dogs, meanwhile my interpreter's family are likely to be killed.

"As one interpreter asked me a few days ago 'why is my five-year-old worth less than your dog?'," the Conservative MP added.

Madness. A plane load of strays (and yes I know they lead with ‘service dogs’ but what does that mean) and people left on the ground. 

This is going to run for a while yet.

8 hours ago, chrisjpainter said:

He sounds like a lovely fellow. This was to the aide he felt was blocking his flight out

'“You either get me that ******* Isaf number and you get me permission to get on to that ******* airfield, or tomorrow morning I’m going to turn on you and the whole ******* country, and everybody else who’s invested in this rescue, is going to know it’s you, you, blocking this ******* move. Alright?...I'm going to spend the rest of my time ******* destroying you on social media and every other ******* platform I can find."

Charming fellow isn't he. Likely to come home the hero, bet he really gives less than a fiddlers **** about his staff left behind.

So once he gets these animals into the UK....then what? They get rehomed? Or will they become some attraction in packhams zoo? Will he then just goes and gets another normal job or faff off into obscurity? Or do we think he will use his undeserved celebrity status to wangle TV and book deals telling the rest of us how to care for dogs at the expense of all others?

Should have taken his plane for more deserving people and left his miserable carcass to the taliban, maybe he could become their chief veterinary officer

Spectator had a good piece on this:

https://www.spectator.co.uk/article/the-shameful-evacuation-of-pen-farthing-s-pets-from-afghanistan/amp

He has emigrated with his pets and left many people to their death or misery. What disgusts me most is not that man however, it is that people do not care about the plight of Afghans but as soon as they see a rabid dog or mangy cat they open their cheque books. 

It is done now anyway, all is over unless he opens up some donkey sanctuary to continue siphoning off charitable donations from nutty old bats that could have been spent feeding hungry children but is instead used to carry in lining his own nest. 

16 minutes ago, WalkedUp said:

It is done now anyway, all is over unless he opens up some donkey sanctuary to continue siphoning off charitable donations from nutty old bats that could have been spent feeding hungry children

I suspect that now he has tasted the power (of social media combined with his obsession) to both raise funds and raise profile - this is going to be an ongoing issue.  I suspect his obsession is genuine - and not done primarily to line his own nest, but you may be right and I may be wrong in giving him benefit of that doubt.

25 minutes ago, JohnfromUK said:

I suspect that now he has tasted the power (of social media combined with his obsession) to both raise funds and raise profile - this is going to be an ongoing issue.  I suspect his obsession is genuine - and not done primarily to line his own nest, but you may be right and I may be wrong in giving him benefit of that doubt.

This. The British public have a penchant for throwing money at animal causes which isn’t in the campaigners interests to ever be resolved, as then their revenue would dry up. 
This could be the best thing that has ever happened to him for the benefit of his agenda. There’s no such thing as bad publicity, and he’s attracted loads.