Umarex colt M4

Chaz25

Not normally into replicas, air guns developed there own tech an therefore created there own style and look, but I did always like the CAR15 colt commando and the like, should look good in the rack and be good to shoot being a BB springer not a lot to go wrong but its an umarex and I find there build quality is variable, its an ex demo so I hope not too scuffed and reviews seem to point to it being not a bad plinker not here yet, so I'll have to let you know!

IMGP0992

This is the problem a poorly supported cylinder/lower receiver screw it can move all over the place due to only being a threaded captive plate in the cylinder

IMGP0994

So the lower chassis can creep, the screw becomes angled and cracks the boss seen here, there's a hair line crack already, way too flimsy for a spring gun!

IMGP0992

This is the problem a poorly supported cylinder/lower receiver screw it can move all over the place due to only being a threaded captive plate in the cylinder

IMGP0994

So the lower chassis can creep, the screw becomes angled and cracks the boss seen here, there's a hair line crack already, way too flimsy for a spring gun!

Only one thing left to do, may as well do a full strip it's umarex! bound to be full of china's top grade engineering!

IMGP0995

Well so far I would say mainly good parts are; barrel, cylinder and the lock up between the two is fairly good, plastics thou not overly strong where they should be are well done, trigger single stage and good weight and when working grouped well at 10m

down side; barrel lead in not well done, very sharp edges on cylinder, poor threads very bad alinement on some, pretty rough piston and damaged seal the locking clips on the fore grips damage the rails and that stock screw!

Edited by Chaz25

4 hours ago, strimmer_13 said:

When I first saw the photo of that I assumed it would be co2. 

Also what most surprised me is that no ******** has been on with a Walt comment yet... 

I avoid the co2 stuff my mate has a load of them really not well put together, Umarex are just not what they should be, but at least this one looks to be based on a Diana spring system so not too bad, as for walt, well I have military in the blood and a fair number of connections over the years I'm sure one drastic plastic rep on the wall is OK 😁

I've had my Umarex M4 for some time and find it a 'challenge' at best. Most of which is down to the ergonomics, trying to mix replica with a break barrel. 

Underneath all that plastic is a very capable air rifle if you concentrate, much like any Springer. Trigger on mine is 'adequate' but then again it's hardly a match rifle. 

Think you need to love the M4 platform to buy one obviously. It's far from perfect and incredibly heavy for reasons I can't fathom. I also find I have to be in the 'mood' to have a session. It's not a casual shooter. 

Since I took the picture I've changed out the scope for a cheap and cheerful red-dot. More than adequate out to my max 30 yards. 

IMG_0868.JPG

Agreed you have to like what it is, your right about the base of the gun being good, I have been researching, looks to have a Diana TO5 trigger system and the rest looks to be Diana 34-36 maybe 350 mag? or parts akin to those models the weight mainly come from the thick barrel and breach block love to know why yours seems just fine but mine was suffering creep right from the first shot