Brexit bonus

oowee

31 minutes ago, oowee said:

Shorrtage of test tubes now. 

Why's that then? 

Because as a country we are now in control of our own future and the vaccine roll out was a huge success, unlike the EU who floundered and argued amongst themselves as usual. 

Its only early days and so far, other than Northern Ireland, (which just needs the UK to grow a pair) there hasn't been any real negatives. 

12 minutes ago, 12gauge82 said:

Because as a country we are now in control of our own future and the vaccine roll out was a huge success, unlike the EU who floundered and argued amongst themselves as usual. 

Its only early days and so far, other than Northern Ireland, (which just needs the UK to grow a pair) there hasn't been any real negatives. 

:lol: seriously? 

It's a success, no a huge siuccess because what? The vaccine roll out run by the NHS was a success. A vaccinne roll out that was independent of membership of the EU. So no success there then. 

The mess that is Northern Ireland is indeed a Brexit mess. The labour shortage is a Brexit mess.  The shortage of products is a Brexit mess. 

None of it needed to be of course but once you take such a huge leap, as Brexit was clearly going to be, then it would make sense to have a plan. Exactly the point made from start to finish by those against the blind mans proposal.  There are very many believers that take the gospel as truth I prefer a mure factual based process.

17 minutes ago, Newbie to this said:

Are you sure about that?

Pre Brexit. Decline in net migration. 

Post Bexit. UK put in place restrictions for EU workers to stay and work. Put in place payment schemes to help EU residents return to the EU. Stop migrant temporary labour. Make it difficult for unskilled workers to come to the UK. Refused to recognise reciprocal qualifications. 

Result a big down turn in available labour. 

Shortage of Products exacerbated by Brexit labour shortages. Think shortages are an issue now? 😊 Give it a couple of months.

15 minutes ago, oowee said:

Pre Brexit. Decline in net migration. 

Post Bexit. UK put in place restrictions for EU workers to stay and work. Put in place payment schemes to help EU residents return to the EU. Stop migrant temporary labour. Make it difficult for unskilled workers to come to the UK. Refused to recognise reciprocal qualifications. 

Result a big down turn in available labour. 

Shortage of Products exacerbated by Brexit labour shortages. Think shortages are an issue now? 😊 Give it a couple of months.

So nothing to do with a global pandemic :hmm:

1 hour ago, oowee said:

seriously? 

It's a success, no a huge siuccess because what? The vaccine roll out run by the NHS was a success. A vaccinne roll out that was independent of membership of the EU. So no success there then. 

The mess that is Northern Ireland is indeed a Brexit mess. The labour shortage is a Brexit mess.  The shortage of products is a Brexit mess. 

None of it needed to be of course but once you take such a huge leap, as Brexit was clearly going to be, then it would make sense to have a plan. Exactly the point made from start to finish by those against the blind mans proposal.  There are very many believers that take the gospel as truth I prefer a mure factual based process.

Come on owee! 

The predictions you were making before brexit were silly and have been proven so, I don't know a single person who has said brexit has impacted them in a serious way (although there will obviously always be some who are when the country has had such a massive constitutional change). 

In the words of Boris "brexit has been a roaring success" just admit it 😜

On 30/08/2021 at 08:13, 12gauge82 said:

This is actually brilliant news. It's short term disruption, but instead of importing mediem skilled workers from the continent, who will likely send money home, or in the long run set up their families here and be a drain on public services ect, despite only paying in a few years tax. These companies will now be forced (as they should have done and like they used to before we joined) to train British workers, which will provide decent jobs and wages, taking people off benefits and giving them life opportunity never available to them before. 

Yes. I have to agree. It is unfortunate that it took Brexit to force this upon employers for my fear is that any benefit from the higher wages will be all gone in higher prices. And I've yet to see that price reduction in the cost of oranges that the odious Rees-Mogg trumpeted.

3 hours ago, 12gauge82 said:

I would argue is another brexit bonus. The euro zone has jumped to 3%, we're doing better than that and free from the cumbersome EU we can be more nimble in how we mitigate it. 

Brexit has been a real success so far but certainly a world's away from the ludicrous scare stories the remain side was trying to scare us all with. 

I don't get the link to Brexit, I don't think there is one with the global supply chain issues and inflation. 

Far too early for any level minded person to claim Brexit has been any kind of success, Northern Ireland remains a concern and the vaccine roll-out had naff all to do with Brexit. COVID trumped everything.

I assume your post is tongue in cheek...

On 30/08/2021 at 05:40, 243deer said:

The only real long term solution, never mentioned in the same breath as climate change as it would not generate any income for the scientific community.

CLIMATE CHANGE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!    I am at present freezing my doo dahs off in a fleece coat at the end of August.  Glocal warming my backside.

If any of the things discussed above redueces the world population of humans then that would be great because WE are polluting this beautiful planet with over production of our species.  I think that is what the smart ***** call the 'Elephant in the Room'

59 minutes ago, Raja Clavata said:

I don't get the link to Brexit, I don't think there is one with the global supply chain issues and inflation. 

Far too early for any level minded person to claim Brexit has been any kind of success, Northern Ireland remains a concern and the vaccine roll-out had naff all to do with Brexit. COVID trumped everything.

I assume your post is tongue in cheek...

A bit tounge in cheek and a bit serious. 

Brexit is now what we want to make it, we no longer have the EU to blame, I'd like to see our government be bold and make some serious changes that they couldn't have whilst in the EU. 

NI is a complete mess at the moment but I think we need to tell the EU what's happening, they haven't the right to annex a part of our country. If they don't listen trigger article 16 and remove the invisible border in the Irish Sea and put the ball back in there court. 

But on the whole the sky hasn't fallen in and we've so far escaped anything like the negative consequences that was predicted before we left, it's actually gone far better than I believed when I voted to leave, so in many ways, for me personally that's a huge success 👍

2 hours ago, clangerman said:

as food prices continue to rise brexit was one big lie if still using the eu corner shop is a success hate to see what failure looks like 

Get a grip of yourself, I'd hate to see how you'd handle a real crisis 🤣

2 hours ago, enfieldspares said:

Yes. I have to agree. It is unfortunate that it took Brexit to force this upon employers for my fear is that any benefit from the higher wages will be all gone in higher prices. And I've yet to see that price reduction in the cost of oranges that the odious Rees-Mogg trumpeted.

Time will tell 👍

37 minutes ago, 12gauge82 said:

Brexit is now what we want to make it, we no longer have the EU to blame, I'd like to see our government be bold and make some serious changes that they couldn't have whilst in the EU. 

Yes please but i doubt it will happen. This shower does not know what day of the week it is let alone know when to make a plan. Unfortunately we don't habve serious government.

1 hour ago, Walker570 said:

CLIMATE CHANGE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!    I am at present freezing my doo dahs off in a fleece coat at the end of August.  Glocal warming my backside.

That's why it's now called 'Climate Change' their pseudoscience can't tell them if the climate will get hotter or colder.

But don't worry in 10 years time, we will have another 10 years or the problem will be irreversible, but in the mean time Tax seems to be the answer to solving the ever changing 10 year problem.

• 3 months later...
1 hour ago, oowee said:

Relaxing immigration rules for care home workers now. I thought we were going to train our own 🤣

Immigration isn't a bad thing, uncontrollable immigration is. I'm more than happy to take some immigrant labour where its needed, that's what taking back control is, rather than the EU dictate to us, we now decide what we need. 

8 minutes ago, ShootingEgg said:

if it's that bad here, I'm sure you could move over to France Germany Spain if the EU is that good 👍🏻😬😬😬

They won't have us for more than 90 days. Even if they would we can't take a uk pension with us. 

Edited by oowee