Fishing licence renewal, quick question

chrisjpainter

ahoyhoy.

I'm just renewing and have seen a box for paperless licence. Has anyone done this and knows what it looks like? I'd get an email as my licence, but would it look like the normal card sized one (fish on it and all), just in an email, or will it just be some bland text to confirm? I'll need a physical one, as getting a mobile out to show people when you're in a kayak is a recipe for a mobile ending up in the river, but waiting 15 days is a bit of a pain given that the yak'll be out a few times before then, so if I can, i'd print out the email one and just laminate it as a card.

Thanks all

And if a mod could move this to where it's meant to be in Country Sports, that'd be grand🤦‍♂️

If it’s anything like the 1 or 8 day licence it will just be plain boring text. I’m quite sure that if you ordered the standard one where you get the little card with fish on you’ll  also get a confirmation email which is sufficient proof until the actual card arrives. 

hope that’s of some help 

Edited by Spr1985

25 minutes ago, Dave at kelton said:

Paperless here and just save to your mobile if it is needed to prove you have one. I have done the same with all my documents, shooting, driving, rail card etc.

Yeah, but as I said, mobiles and kayaks good bed fellows do not make! I don't mind dropping a piece of paper into the drink - I do mind dropping my mobile in, so I prefer to keep that in the dry as much as possible. 

27 minutes ago, walshie said:

Just apply for the regular one and you can use the email as proof in the meantime till the actual card arrives.

This is what I went with in the end. I've never been asked to produce and today was no exception, so the phone stayed in the drybag. Nice out on the river, just the one small pike but I saw the take on the lure, which always makes it more exciting. We'll call it 1-1 as it left a nice laceration in my thumb!

1 hour ago, steve s×s said:

What do you actually get for your £30 +, I know what the environment agency get £££££!, then you pay your seson ticket, day ticket, I stopped fishing when I realised the EA had a licence to print money (rant over) 

I get the right to fish. All clubs insist on an EA licence and obviously it's needed for otherwise free venues. Then that money accrued from licencing goes into habitat management, fish restocking, water cleaning projects, bank improvements etc. Essentially by paying for a licence, I'm paying to help keep the rivers' conditions improving. I'm happy to do that

9 minutes ago, chrisjpainter said:

I get the right to fish. All clubs insist on an EA licence and obviously it's needed for otherwise free venues. Then that money accrued from licencing goes into habitat management, fish restocking, water cleaning projects, bank improvements etc. Essentially by paying for a licence, I'm paying to help keep the rivers' conditions improving. I'm happy to do that

Well in the real world (Yorkshire) that don't seem to be happening 

6 hours ago, chrisjpainter said:

Yeah, but as I said, mobiles and kayaks good bed fellows do not make! I don't mind dropping a piece of paper into the drink - I do mind dropping my mobile in, so I prefer to keep that in the dry as much as possible. 

Keep mine in a floating waterproof case as I too have dropped more than one phone in the drink 🤬🤬

6 hours ago, chrisjpainter said:

Plus one. Loads happening here in God’s own Yorkshire 👍

6 hours ago, steve s×s said:

Well in the real world (Yorkshire) that don't seem to be happening 

Loads happening in our neck of the woods Steve. Just wish we could stop the European element from taking everything that they catch☹️

• 2 weeks later...
On 30/08/2021 at 10:50, steve s×s said:

What do you actually get for your £30 +, I know what the environment agency get £££££!, then you pay your seson ticket, day ticket, I stopped fishing when I realised the EA had a licence to print money (rant over) 

Sweet F A , 🤔🙄 

24 minutes ago, steve s×s said:

Thank U, you like me obviously remember when all the becks and streams were full of fish (mainly trout) without the help of EA, 

Hello, yes those were better days, a local trout fishing club with a nice lake near the river Windrush has closed due to pollution from the river as TWA dumps sewer waste as it over runs its capacity 

20 minutes ago, oldypigeonpopper said:

Hello, yes those were better days, a local trout fishing club with a nice lake near the river Windrush has closed due to pollution from the river as TWA dumps sewer waste as it over runs its capacity 

Yep similar thing here, it seems to be more septic tanks from rural developments ie ex farm buildings, barn conversions, and i question whether the new tanks work as well as the old ones did, I will no doubt get a response from EA as they like to threatin you with leagl action at every opportunity