Vectan AS loads 12g

Hi All,

Just after some info/reassurance on a load. Currently have a tub of Vectan AS, CCI 209 primer, maxam 24 plastic WAD and once fired Elley Hulls (Olympic blues and supergame hulls).

18.8grain AS, above components and 28g lead shot.

1 oz. Cheddite Ched 209 , AS, 18.8 gr, 1200fps, 9,000 PSI - this is the info I am basing my load on. I am using a Lee LoadAll II, as for setup I have selected an appropriate powder bushing and created a drop table to 1. get the feel of the machine, check the actual drops. average of from 163 bushing is getting me 1.22gram (18.82grain) to 1.24gram (19.13grain). Shiot drop is consistent at 27-29gram.

Thanks in advance.

5 hours ago, sitsinhedges said:

I used to use 21grains of Vectan AS for 28 or 30 grams of shot with cx2000 primer and z24 wad. If it were me I would up the powder a bit if you feel it needs it. This is a standard proofed load by the way and I recall it gave about 1250fps in the real world.

As above 👌

Hi all, tried a few carts tonight, including a 30gram lead with 22gn As, faolir punch, but smooth. 18.8gn 28gram were good also. Just need to get a good day out on something!!! 

Thanks for the help and info 

RyanMc

Edited by RyanMc