Jump to content

BSA Ultra gauge fitting


welshwarrior
 Share

Recommended Posts

A friend has asked me to help him fit an air gauge to his BSA Ultra (original MMC type).

Has anyone done this and got any advice?

Im very happy working on powder burning guns as I fully understand the pressure etc. however air cylinders are fairly new to me and 230 bar is enough to hurt someone so drilling it concerning with out a proven plan.
 

So PW massive air gun crew what the view. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, welshwarrior said:

A friend has asked me to help him fit an air gauge to his BSA Ultra (original MMC type).

Has anyone done this and got any advice?

Im very happy working on powder burning guns as I fully understand the pressure etc. however air cylinders are fairly new to me and 230 bar is enough to hurt someone so drilling it concerning with out a proven plan.
 

So PW massive air gun crew what the view. 

BSA Pressure Gauge Fitting XTX - YouTube (I can't embed; youtube won't let me, weirdly!)

Here you go. This is on that very gun. It looks straightforward enough, but make sure you empty the cylinder fully first!

Darrin at XTX did great work before closing down and going back to being an electrician; he knows his stuff.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

22 hours ago, chrisjpainter said:

BSA Pressure Gauge Fitting XTX - YouTube (I can't embed; youtube won't let me, weirdly!)

Here you go. This is on that very gun. It looks straightforward enough, but make sure you empty the cylinder fully first!

Darrin at XTX did great work before closing down and going back to being an electrician; he knows his stuff.

Thank you looks simple I’d imagined drilling the cylinder and fitting the gauge in the forend. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 minutes ago, chrisjpainter said:

It's annoyingly simple...to the point where you wonder why BSA didn't just do it in the first place!😆

Going to have to do 2 now as I got myself a 177 to try always used 22 but people tell me 177 is better now with PCP and set at 12 fpe 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

17 hours ago, Rockhamster said:

Must be easier just to count the shots? After all, with an Ultra, that's not a big number to remember. 😗

It depends what it's being used for. If plinking or target shooting then perhaps. But if hunting and you only shoot a handful of shots a session, then even with an Ultra you could have three or four outings without needing to fill up. No point filling up if you know you don't need to.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

17 hours ago, Rockhamster said:

Must be easier just to count the shots? After all, with an Ultra, that's not a big number to remember. 😗

It a case did I fire 5 or 15 shots last week, not big numbers as you say but spread over a time frame where I have more important numbers to think about. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Dasher said:

Simple solution surely is to count out the number of pellets in your gun's usable shot count and put them in a separate empty pellet tin and re charge your gun when you've used up whats in the tin.

This is what I've been doing for years  seems to work just fine so far  .

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 hours ago, Dasher said:

Simple solution surely is to count out the number of pellets in your gun's usable shot count and put them in a separate empty pellet tin and re charge your gun when you've used up whats in the tin.

Is that really easier than looking at the end of a cylinder? It might cost less, but it's not easier! 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
 Share

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...