Soup

harrycatcat1

1 hour ago, old'un said:

Its no good you posting things like this and telling us how divine it was, where's the recipe?

Or is it a closely guarded family recipe.

By the way, it sounds and looks very nice.

Well I don't really have a recipe as such to be honest. I use or put in whatever I have. 

This was about 1lb of potato same carrots a chopped onion in a large pan with a stock cube melted into 500ml of boiling water add salt and white pepper. 

Boil it up then simmer for half an hour. Then, here comes the technical part.

You then "ziz" it up with the "zizzer" it's an electrical gadget about a foot long with blades on the end to make the soup smooth, if you like it lumpy don't ziz it too much. I don't know what the proper name is for the zizzer.

Put a plate over the pan and leave till next day.

Funnily enough I fancied soup tonight so I made a broccoli and Stilton stunner!

Sautéed onions in butter, chopped potato and slung then in, covered in hot water, seasoned to taste dropped a few florets in and bubbled it for a while with a little vegetable stock (cube) Went up the pub for two then back popped a bit of Stilton in and blitzed it!! Heated it up and down the hatch with some crusty bread!!! 👌

27 minutes ago, islandgun said:

I make and sell soups on a daily basis and enjoy every part of the process, pictured is crab soup [with a fish pasty] . I also do Langoustine, Fish and Lobster soups. The best part is using the parts of the animal that most people throw away and turning it into meal.

IMG_20210713_111120.jpg.1d0ea7169738cb7234a65009840e5860.jpg

Now that does look nice and tasty 😋

3 hours ago, ditchman said:

Leek and potatoe for me...........or lentil and bacon....with fresh made soda bread covered in poppy seeds covered with proper butter..........

Sounds perfect 👌 

I never used to like leek and potato soup until my friend brought his wife's to a shoot. I reluctantly had some out of politeness and it was divine, perfectly seasoned and incredibly moreish, not a drop was wasted. My wife roasts on a Saturday so a standard Sunday lunch for us in winter is a simple soup using up the stock, served with homemade soda bread warm from the oven 50:50 ratio with the cob of butter, and a piece of good cheese on the side.

13 hours ago, islandgun said:

I make and sell soups on a daily basis and enjoy every part of the process, pictured is crab soup [with a fish pasty] . I also do Langoustine, Fish and Lobster soups. The best part is using the parts of the animal that most people throw away and turning it into meal.

IMG_20210713_111120.jpg.1d0ea7169738cb7234a65009840e5860.jpg

Daft question but what is in the fish pasty?