Browning Warranty - second hand buyers beware

stevewall968

You hear more and more tales of woe regarding browning guns and I have suffered quite recently with a sub standard gun bought new. Mine was resolved thankfully, however mounting evidence suggests that build quality and customer care seems to be deteriorating .

Edited by TRINITY

Just had a good look at the tapered pin in question and noticed that either the action wall or the pin has a series of splines on the left hand end. I went back to my punch and drove the pin a little further into the forend iron. The pin now protrudes about 0.5mm from the left hand side whereas previously it had been flush both sides with the action. I think that this may have solved the problem. I’ll be out shooting tomorrow and will see what happens🙏🏼🤞🏻

Edited by stevewall968

On 06/09/2021 at 19:12, Joe180 said:

I have just been told at my local gun shop  beretta won’t let you transfer their three year warranty.

They used too. I bought a 3 month old dt11 about 3 years ago. I emailed gmk to transfer the warranty and got a very nice email back from Jack Waktare with all my warranty details and a nice email thanking me for buying a beretta product. Mine developed a loose trigger unit about 2 1/2 years in and they stood by the warranty no problem at all, had it back within a week just like new. Couldn't fault them for service.

Exactly the opposite to my experience with Caesar Guerini. Bought one second hand, fore end became loose. They checked their records and gun was within the warranty period. Sent it in for a full service and all tight as a drum now. Even threw in a brand new case for a two barrel set in the price of the service! They do though require three year servicing to validate the “any owner” warranty.

I’d try Browning USA, if they were unhelpful go to https://www.bbb.org American companies have a meltdown when you get bbb involved. It’s like checkatrade over there, but seems to have some serious poke. I’ve filed a complaint before now after not even getting a response from American Airlines, I got a reply, apology and resolution within the week.

Gotta be worth a try.