Out of season deer cull to protect climate change trees

islandgun

14 minutes ago, aberisle said:

You have got to laugh, the SNP are against blood sports and with their alliance with the Greens even more so but they are more than happy to use taxpayers money to wipe out deer and leave their bodys to rot on the hill side.

Its extraordinary, save the planet by planting trees on limited moorland habitat, stop the cruelty of eating farm animals but kill deer out of season.

15 minutes ago, Scully said:

You would think the vegans will be all for it; isn’t their agenda one of mass extinction for grazing animals? Unless they’re picky about leaving the ‘nice’ ones. 😂

Truth is stranger than fiction🥴

4 hours ago, chrisjpainter said:

I've just posted this on a facebook group for 'NATURE AND WILDLIFE UK'. This should be entertaining. Time to dig out the ignorant townies bingo cards

less than a minute: Disgraceful ticked off. how long before someone says we should wipe out the humans instead - or bring back bears?

Ha ha... Just liked your posts on fb, many seem to want to kill humans [although none volunteered to take themselves out of the equation] others demanded we import some big predators [that worked well with the little old mink] as you said [and me now] bring the venison into the food chain

55 minutes ago, islandgun said:

Ha ha... Just liked your posts on fb, many seem to want to kill humans [although none volunteered to take themselves out of the equation] others demanded we import some big predators [that worked well with the little old mink] as you said [and me now] bring the venison into the food chain

Well that was entertaining! All the greatest hits brought out there. It's definitely a group for 'poke the bear' topics. 

I missed some of it; 'Debs Benyon' blocked me not long after I accused her for the second time of hitting every branch of the stupid tree as she fell.

So apart from all the remarks about how stupid the policy is:  I'm not sure the shot animals are left to rot on hillsides.  As a Scotsman: I cannot see kith and kin allowing it to go to waste. I'm pretty certain it will go for processing and sold for consumption.. I have travelled all over Scotland and believe me, there is a great need for the high deer fencing around forested plots to be in place and for it to be renewed on an ongoing basis.   The deer are just doing what they need to stay alive but the forests cannot stand the pressure and are dying back in places.  We can only sustain a certain amount of deer on the hills and in the woods - we need to reduce their numbers and real shooters will know and understand what i mean by this.  It is part of how nature is helped to balance things out in a sustainable manner. It is not outright slaughter as some seem to be inferring, its about reducing the total and allowing trees to grow and be part of the carbon solution.  Trees cannot fight back to save themselves and Humans need to intervene.

Pushkin:good:

• 2 weeks later...

This is all a mix up of a series of stories and events. 

You’ve got to remember before you read anything that deer management in Scotland is a controversial subject and the truth often gets overlooked for a good story.

They have lengthened the hind season . No one is being forced to shoot hinds out of season and no calf’s are being orphaned as no one who knows what they are doing is shooting hinds before calf’s. 
You can already get out of season licences to protect crops. 
The story about carcasses being left was John Muir Trust , a charity shooting deer on their own land so nothing to do with public money.

The last one about helicopters is ancient history from the Glenfeshie cull , and the concern wasn’t shooting from helicopters it was accusations that helicopters were being used to drive deer . They weren’t they were used to fly stalkers onto hill and carcasses off.