Whipping eye onto a fly rod

Rob85

5 minutes ago, Rob85 said:

I keep my eyes peeled on the local buy and sell for 2nd hand, brand new can be steep...depending on where and what you want I suppose. I know some loft clearance stuff comes up now and then. Its definitely something I want for the future. Theres a fella in the UK that makes them, Bannister rods, there's some lovely videos of him fishing on YouTube with them, but they are the rods you would need to sell your left kidney for 😆

Hello, second hand prices of old English cane rods have fallen these last few years and you can find a nice hardy for £50, the bannister rods look good and seem a fair price for being hand made in UK,, there's a very good cane rod maker in China that I know and most likely the quality and price is hard to beat new as I still have 2 and my son has one for river fishing, he also make silk lines like the early kingfishers , nothing compares to river fishing with cane and silk,