Jump to content

Pigeon decoying with a Daystate Redwolf.


Recommended Posts

2 hours ago, marsh man said:

Excellent way to control the vermin numbers , video was superb along with first class shooting , a man who certainly knows what he doing , THANKS 

totally agree..............clinicle..........always impressed with your presentation of our sport :good:

Link to comment
Share on other sites

12 hours ago, JDog said:

Marvellous. That is a powerful weapon.

At 2.20 you had a double, a pigeon and a flocked decoy.

Hhahaaaa yeah ...i noticed that as well..:good:..well spotted............still find im controlling my breathing before every shot ..:lol:

Link to comment
Share on other sites

What I did notice , or should I have said didn't notice was a magnet , or a rotary as some like to call it , how nice they came in to decoys and at the beginning it stated at 50 yards , they do for some decoyers, but when my magnet is in play most of my shots are ones that flair away from the magnet or zig zagging about over the decoys , would the op had shot 20 odd with a magnet out , I have got my doubts .

So not only was it good shooting , a well presented video , it was also spot on decoying .

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 02/09/2021 at 19:45, marsh man said:

Excellent way to control the vermin numbers , video was superb along with first class shooting , a man who certainly knows what he doing , THANKS 

Thanks pal.

15 hours ago, Cranfield said:

Excellent video as usual, head shots at 50 yards are way beyond my skill set, I am envious.
The presentation of your videos are professional quality.

Thanks Cranefield very much appreciated my friend.

32 minutes ago, Houseplant said:

Very good. Having shot quite a few turkeys with 22LR, I know that shooting birds with a rifle is not as easy as you make it look! 

Thanks pal and ye you are right it can get hard work at times..

17 hours ago, clangerman said:

nice job there nothing more satisfying than making them land for the air rifle I prefer using it to the semi auto now 

Thanks Clanger my exact same thoughts pal

21 hours ago, marsh man said:

What I did notice , or should I have said didn't notice was a magnet , or a rotary as some like to call it , how nice they came in to decoys and at the beginning it stated at 50 yards , they do for some decoyers, but when my magnet is in play most of my shots are ones that flair away from the magnet or zig zagging about over the decoys , would the op had shot 20 odd with a magnet out , I have got my doubts .

So not only was it good shooting , a well presented video , it was also spot on decoying .

Thanks Marsh ye it is hard to get them to land for the air rifle, that day if i had used a shot gun a lot more would have been shot but i did enjoy using the air rifle so much as i am going back with it today lol.

23 hours ago, Old Boggy said:

Brilliant video. Thoroughly enjoyed that.

Many thanks for posting.

OB

Thanks ever so much Boggy

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 02/09/2021 at 22:32, ditchman said:

totally agree..............clinicle..........always impressed with your presentation of our sport :good:

Thanks Ditchman very much appreciated my friend..

On 02/09/2021 at 21:55, JDog said:

Marvellous. That is a powerful weapon.

At 2.20 you had a double, a pigeon and a flocked decoy.

Thanks JD ye them decoys sure have had a battering over the years, hope you are ok my friend.

On 02/09/2021 at 19:45, marsh man said:

Excellent way to control the vermin numbers , video was superb along with first class shooting , a man who certainly knows what he doing , THANKS 

Thanks a lot pal very much appreciated.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 04/09/2021 at 14:23, FOXHUNTER1 said:

Brilliant , very clinical. Love the way you do things a little different.  A lot of shot gunners would be happy with that bag 👍

Cheers pal ye after years how do i say this shooting them with a shot gun these days i like to may be not shoot as many but still do the job so the air rifle does the job and for me a more precise shot and more field craft involved.

On 06/09/2021 at 08:36, ratchers said:

Great shooting.

Think I need a FAC air rifle.

Get one pal these days they are just un real, today i have been filming a fly shoot 😂

22 hours ago, mel b3 said:

thats some top class pigeon decoying simon :good:.

Thanks Mel..

On 06/09/2021 at 08:38, WalkedUp said:

The rifle is not doing the heavy lifting, this boy could make a spit gun more deadly than me with an AK. 

Thanks a lot Walked

On 05/09/2021 at 09:28, Scully said:

Excellent, enjoyed that! Thanks for posting. 

Cheers Scully that pint looks good.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 02/09/2021 at 21:55, JDog said:

Marvellous. That is a powerful weapon.

At 2.20 you had a double, a pigeon and a flocked decoy.

That had me chuckling as well minimal deflection through your target from the vid - I don’t think I’d get it through with my sub 12 ft/lb ( being honest i think 20 yards is my accuracy limit !!! )

I think the comedy value of the decoy wobbling looking like it was going to stay up then toppling towards the camera.

always a joy to watch just got time to watch part2 over the morning cuppa

Agriv8

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 06/09/2021 at 16:49, mel b3 said:

thats some top class pigeon decoying simon :good:.

Thanks Mel, to be honest i caught the field just on the right day and every thing seemed to go fine for me as some days as you probably have experienced things  never go right 😂

On 06/09/2021 at 08:38, WalkedUp said:

The rifle is not doing the heavy lifting, this boy could make a spit gun more deadly than me with an AK. 

Thanks Walked up that Redwolf at times has been a love and hate relationship but at the moment it is shooting well.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

9 hours ago, simon6ppc said:

Thanks Mel, to be honest i caught the field just on the right day and every thing seemed to go fine for me as some days as you probably have experienced things  never go right 😂

 

I know that not going right feeling all too well mate 😅

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
 Share

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...