Money, Money, Money

TIGHTCHOKE

19 minutes ago, 12gauge82 said:

Got to be honest, can stand Abba, I don't know why but I just can't listen to it. 

Probably repeated forced over-exposure in your youth, mostly by teachers and other significant adults wistfully looking back on their youth.  I can't stand most of the Beatles oeuvre for the same reason.

Any artisitic merit - and Abba did have a remarkable knack to crank out ear-worms with very simple tunes - was crushed beneath hearing it on hard-rotation.

1 hour ago, Mice! said:

Have a look how much money the two Mamma Mia films made, it will shock you, so there are plenty of folk out there who like the music. 

I heard a bit of their new one last night , sounded a bit like one of their old ones, I Have A Dream , when it do come out it will get that much time on the radio it will go straight to no1

Just now, marsh man said:

I heard a bit of their new one last night , sounded a bit like one of their old ones, I Have A Dream , when it do come out it will get that much time on the radio it will go straight to no1

Bbaaahhh.......make me do a number 1.......

7 hours ago, udderlyoffroad said:

Probably repeated forced over-exposure in your youth, mostly by teachers and other significant adults wistfully looking back on their youth.  I can't stand most of the Beatles oeuvre for the same reason.

Any artisitic merit - and Abba did have a remarkable knack to crank out ear-worms with very simple tunes - was crushed beneath hearing it on hard-rotation.

I think your probably right now you've said that 😵

7 hours ago, ditchman said:

know how you feel.............it was of its time.................and time has moved on

👍

1 hour ago, marsh man said:

Now come on Simon , I recon you still have a little shuffle when Dancing Queen come on your wined up radio , more so when the second glass of the ole Red plonk go down your gills .

i shall make this most clear

"i have NEVER shuffeled....figeted....danced....girated...moved with artisic flair"................to any ABBA ditty in my entire life

i am more of a spliff on the sofa with headphones listening to the floyd or tomita and the planets...clapton....

thank you for listening

16 minutes ago, ditchman said:

i shall make this most clear

"i have NEVER shuffeled....figeted....danced....girated...moved with artisic flair"................to any ABBA ditty in my entire life

i am more of a spliff on the sofa with headphones listening to the floyd or tomita and the planets...clapton....

thank you for listening

Well I wish I could say the same about controlling the movement in my feet when Abba come on my little radio while waiting to shoot a few pigeons, even my ole pair of Bullseye have been known to come off one of my feet when Gimmie Gimmie Gimmie came on one day , unbeknown at the time , I bought these ole boots from a car boot and one boot was a half size bigger than the other one , I got round that by putting a extra sock on , I recon he had two pairs and got the feet right but when he put them out he got the sizes wrong , could have been the best part of two quid down the drain , by the way , if you come across an ole Bullseye boot , right footed size 10 I will give you a couple of my ole Peter Jay and the Jay walkers recorded tapes , now that is going back a few years 😆 

15 minutes ago, marsh man said:

Well I wish I could say the same about controlling the movement in my feet when Abba come on my little radio while waiting to shoot a few pigeons, even my ole pair of Bullseye have been known to come off one of my feet when Gimmie Gimmie Gimmie came on one day , unbeknown at the time , I bought these ole boots from a car boot and one boot was a half size bigger than the other one , I got round that by putting a extra sock on , I recon he had two pairs and got the feet right but when he put them out he got the sizes wrong , could have been the best part of two quid down the drain , by the way , if you come across an ole Bullseye boot , right footed size 10 I will give you a couple of my ole Peter Jay and the Jay walkers recorded tapes , now that is going back a few years 😆 

my mrs knew the Jays very well............she was from the Bunting and Masterson family....Buntings had the big store in norwich which is now M&S

1 minute ago, ditchman said:

my mrs knew the Jays very well............she was from the Bunting and Masterson family....Buntings had the big store in norwich which is now M&S

Peter Jay is still about , in his younger days I believe he was on the same bill when the Beatles played at the Regal which was at the top of Regent Road , was Masterson part of the fresh fish family in Yarmouth ?

32 minutes ago, marsh man said:

Peter Jay is still about , in his younger days I believe he was on the same bill when the Beatles played at the Regal which was at the top of Regent Road , was Masterson part of the fresh fish family in Yarmouth ?

yeah thats the one..........also she had a genetic connection to the Lake family.....they mostly moved to Lynn fishing................they were all a bloody fishing mafia

her mum was a rum girl...Ruth her name was...she ran the red cross on the USAF air bases in this area...and had a thing going with Jimmy Stewart (she started off as his dancing partner)

then many years later she was having a thing with a bloke you may have known..Tom Flatt ..was the estate manager at Somerleyton....lot of funny ole stories in Norfolk boi i tellee

Edited by ditchman