Which one

Bigbob

i scrapped my truck and ive been looking for a runabout and got it down to two 

1st 2011 Nissan Navara 64,500 miles £10.250

2nd 2012  Landrover freelander 2 59,950 miles  £11.000

The Navara would need the rear roller changed for a cab on the back to keep the dogs and ferrets in , The freelander a set of off road tyres 

Or im tempted to wait till after Xmas and see if theres more choice and there cheaper ?. 

Edited by Bigbob

Hi Bigbob Freelanders 2 have problems with the Haldex system in the rear diff, I had a 2002 model petrol no probs apart from the Turkish government took a fancy to it, my daughter has recently bought a '09 Freelander 2 and found out the hard way ,bought from a so called reputable dealer all said to be serviced  right thru ,a noise began to come from the rear after a short distance dealer said tyre noise? I walked along side the car and could hear the noise I said diff bearing, the axle had not been serviced or oil changed hence the system fails so £1120 later its fixed but for how long?I run a Dodge Nitro '09 paid £4050 private 52 k 1 owner 2.8 diesel 6 sp manual selective 4wd had it 4yrs upto 46 mpg, 38 mpg local  can't knock it ,if they still made them definately would have another.Service parts cheap enough and available.They have everything 4x4 4 times dearer so smile when disco drivers say 22-24 mpg, £800 for cam belt .

39 minutes ago, Bigbob said:

The Navara would need the rear roller changed for a cab on the back to keep the dogs and ferrets in , The freelander a set of off road tyres 

Or im tempted to wait till after Xmas and see if theres more choice and there cheaper ?. 

Navara's had a recall over brakes can't remember when but was a issue.

I had my Freelander 2 for almost 11 year's and it cost approximately£300 in failed part's. The Haldex is fitted to lots of manufacturers cars and is reliable as there must be millions fitted to different vehicles. Most thing's will fail if there has been no maintenance on it. I did have my Haldex unit oil and filter changed as I will on my Volvo XC60 that I have now. 

16 hours ago, Bigbob said:

I had a Freelander 2 (2008) from new and have only recently sold it (13 years old) and apart from changing tyres, brake discs etc, I have had no issues. I have General grabber AT3's on it, and it was excellent offroad as well as on.