Home made popup hide/seat

Walker570

I had an old folding seat and also some flexible thin rods which I think where originally used for pulling electric wires. Anyway always willing to have a challenge I thought I would try and make a folding pop up seat.   This one on the photos is very much a prototype because I used some ally for the brackets and will replace those with steel.  The ally bends too easily.

Also I have some green fine see through netting which I will try instead of the camo on there at the moment.  It folds and almost goes into a standard 25k feed bag. It weighs little more than the standard folding seat and unflds and is in place very quickly similar to the ones you can spend £65-70s on.   My tripod fits neat and tidy inside and the front two legs hold the covering out away from the feet.  Not a lot of room in there but once the rifle is on the tripod I will not need to move about very much.  Will give it a try this coming week and see if the tree rats approve.

Cost next to nothing. A few zip ties otherwise everyhting else is recycled including the seat.

001.jpg

002.jpg

004.jpg

Edited by Walker570

3 hours ago, ditchman said:

nev........that is great........you could market that ...seriously..:good:

8 minutes ago, ditchman said:
  1. your end wall needs sealing and painting before winter..(errr suffolk pink)
  2. your window frames need attention as well

you need to get your priorities right..........................how is the airB&B going.....full of afgans by now i bet

Simon there is a long story about the render on the walls and there is not eougn space on here to go into it but I may post a picture of what it looked like before our local Commie Council planners came up with.  Nuff of that my blood pressure can't stand it....

My workshop windows have been there since 1952 and are still solid ....wont open mind...but don't need to.

I probably couldn't find sufficient old throw away folding chairs to market them and the Chinese can make 'em much cheaper.

I stripped the camo off and it is now covered with see through fine green mesh which I intend attaching a few bits of camo just to break up the outline. It is amazing how that fine mesh breaks up outlines. I see that you can now buy pop up blinds in the USA with it all the way around and you can see out but wildlife cannot see in..

If I get my Landy back in time I might try it out this weekend (Rear shocks, light/dip switch/tune up on the LPG system PLUS it's MOT)