Diving tank

welshwarrior

On 13/09/2021 at 20:33, welshwarrior said:

Please PM me some details I’m still trying to work out the best method but the pump needs replacing, try to convince work they need a compressor and a couple of big bottles for events. 

Hello, these are 2  x 4ltr cylinders inline 300 bar cylinders which means the connect together giving 8 Ltrs, a strong handle makes them very portable, Oxford Dive centre would not test them, needs a proper cylinder testing company, 

On 15/09/2021 at 08:43, barbel said:

Hi, really not have the knowledge but thought of compressed air and the brewery trade, as I have just bought a hw 100 s 177 and until that air gun it was a airsporter many many years ago, so i am starting to realize more to this than first thought |

Hello, just get yourself a proper 300 bar PCP air cylinder and guage, even a PCP pump should do for a 100, there's good reviews on the wolf man store with cylinders and free post, 

On 06/09/2021 at 20:48, welshwarrior said:

The kids shot 750 ish pellets

I was reading up until this point thinking to myself “What is wrong with these saps, why don’t they just use a stirrup pump like a normal man?”, then I read the above and laughed at my own ignorance. I only shoot vermin with my air rifles so a fill lasts an awful lot longer than it does in your household! 

3 minutes ago, WalkedUp said:

I was reading up until this point thinking to myself “What is wrong with these saps, why don’t they just use a stirrup pump like a normal man?”, then I read the above and laughed at my own ignorance. I only shoot vermin with my air rifles so a fill lasts an awful lot longer than it does in your household! 

Thanks WalkedUp 😂

The kids do enjoy the air rifles and I must admit I enjoy shooting with the kids just as much.  It’s the constant pumping that my back protests at.  I’m looking for a tank now as the compressors don’t seem to offer that bigger advantage. 

12 minutes ago, bruno22rf said:

Try and get a tank with a jubilee type valve, it helps stop you suddenly having a blonde moment and forcing 300bar into a 200bar gun. Ramsbottom have the 4ltr 300bar with jubilee valve back in stock for £155, you will struggle to beat that.

Thanks I was thinking of a 10 or 12l tank to be honest maybe a 7l.  That way I can use it for work as well. 

34 minutes ago, welshwarrior said:

Thanks I was thinking of a 10 or 12l tank to be honest maybe a 7l.  That way I can use it for work as well. 

The 7 ltr I have cost £168, but bought in Gloucester , if your looking at compressors to fill cylinders where you work there about £2000, those I have that need testing your welcome to take and see if there's any where to re test around Farnborough , if they pass would be ideal to take in motor when out shooting,

Edited by oldypigeonpopper

• 2 weeks later...
On 06/09/2021 at 18:09, welshwarrior said:

Hi guys I’m thinking of getting a diving tank to fill my growing habit of PCP guns.  What sort of size do people recommend or is a compressor more worth while?

I have 9L 300bar ex-fire breathing cylinder which could be used subject to it being in certification - which I need to check

Obviously needs an appropriate adapter but it would be lots lots less than buying a new one

I will post a for-sale ad when I got all the details, pictures etc. but just didnt want you to miss out because I wasnt ready to post an advert yet

D

Edited by Downforce

9 minutes ago, Downforce said:

I have 9L 300bar ex-fire breathing cylinder which could be used subject to it being in certification - which I need to check

Obviously needs an appropriate adapter but it would be lots lots less than buying a new one

I will post a for-sale ad when I got all the details, pictures etc. but just didnt want you to miss out because I wasnt ready to post an advert yet

D

Forgot to say - be aware that the testing regime 2.5 years vs 5 years recertification depends on if its a scuba tank or a surface use breathing tank

Edited by Downforce