Paying for the care system

oowee

36 minutes ago, Lloyd90 said:

I’m not missing anything as I’ve lived on the bread line during it all growing up (with both parents who worked pretty much 7 days a week) and never had a helping hand off the Government or anyone else.

I have had to be on benefits (job seekers) after a medical condition totally shattered my plans to join the RAF and serve, and I couldn’t find anything else.  

In my family area (In Wales) there weren’t loads of jobs, mostly a load of low paid jobs with odd hours here and there, in the end I pieced together 3 different jobs in-order to bring home under £200 a week. 

After a few years I managed to get a half decent job, but still chose to go back into education, and almost 10 years later I have a degree and a good job / income.   

There are obvious issues with benefit claimants who see it as a lifestyle. 

Despite many people shouting similar to yourself, no one has managed to solve the issue yet have they? 🤷‍♂️

If it’s as simple as some on here make out why hasn’t it been sorted? 

No point blaming liberals or what not, The Tories currently have an 80 seat lead … 

Well done for pulling yourself up, it's not easy but your story shows it absolutely can be done if someone wants to. 

Its a very easy fix if politicians had the drive to do it, unfortunately most of the Conservatives are liberals themselves, we haven't had a centralist, let alone right wing government for years. 

• Replies 161
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

On 13/09/2021 at 07:54, 12gauge82 said:

I don't believe he's suggesting he is envying their lives, he's sumply questioning, as do I, why everyone else who works should pay for those who refuse to. 

There is a very thin line between cant work and wont work. For a lot of people they would have to be absolutely barking mad to come off benefits and get a job. Partly because the minimum wage zero  hours contract seasonal jobs offer no security

Why would you spend 12 hours a day cleaning holiday caravans in Cormwall for less money than you can get sitting on your fanny watching breakfast TV?

Edited by Vince Green

8 hours ago, Vince Green said:

There is a very thin line between cant work and wont work. For a lot of people they would have to be absolutely barking mad to come off benefits and get a job. Partly because the minimum wage zero  hours contract seasonal jobs offer no security

Why would you spend 12 hours a day cleaning holiday caravans in Cormwall for less money than you can get sitting on your fanny watching breakfast TV?

I couldn't agree more which is why the system needs changing, the minimum wage needs to go up or benefits need cutting or a combination of the two, or people should be made to work to receive their benefits to make an incentive to work. There are many solutions to this problem but as mentioned above, the government lacks the appetite to change it, while hard working people are forced to live on the bread line to pay for others to sit on their ****. 

8 hours ago, Vince Green said:

15 minutes ago, 12gauge82 said:

I couldn't agree more which is why the system needs changing, the minimum wage needs to go up or benefits need cutting or a combination of the two, or people should be made to work to receive their benefits to make an incentive to work. There are many solutions to this problem but as mentioned above, the government lacks the appetite to change it, while hard working people are forced to live on the bread line to pay for others to sit on their ****. 

Unfortunately there are whole areas and whole families to whom this is their adopted lifestyle that will be nigh on impossible to break the broken system of "professional scrounger" 

1 hour ago, TIGHTCHOKE said:

Unfortunately there are whole areas and whole families to whom this is their adopted lifestyle that will be nigh on impossible to break the broken system of "professional scrounger" 

Not impossible at all. Just requires concentrated support and education. Takes time and a planned approach so unlikley to happen any time soon with the ***** we have running the show. 

3 hours ago, oowee said:

The same place your super team is. They don't exist. 

Its a world wide problem, very few politicians could run a chip shop on Blackpool front.

Lets not forget however that in Britain the benefits system didn't just happen, it was carefully constructed by New Labour. Gordon Brown principally, social engineering at its worst.

The aim was to deliberately create a benefits dependent underclass who will always have to vote Labour. You have to say he succeeded.

3 hours ago, Vince Green said:

Its a world wide problem, very few politicians could run a chip shop on Blackpool front.

Lets not forget however that in Britain the benefits system didn't just happen, it was carefully constructed by New Labour. Gordon Brown principally, social engineering at its worst.

The aim was to deliberately create a benefits dependent underclass who will always have to vote Labour. You have to say he succeeded.

It’s not done them much good, Conservatives are about 80 seats in majority and Labour are a laughing stock at present.