Snp and greens alliance plans

islandgun

Im intrigued by the highlighted legislation and it implications, my home is heated largely by a multi fuel stove, i use coal, peat and home grown wood. This legislation will take away my choice. The reason I use this stove is that we often get power cuts in the winter and its good to have a reliable heat source and 2 of the 3 choices of fuel are readily available and free. will they also take away my bottled gas cooker ?

The SNP-Green deal also commits the parties to a range of other measures, including:

• Legislation to transition to zero-emissions heating in Scotland's homes

1 hour ago, islandgun said:

Im intrigued by the highlighted legislation and it implications, my home is heated largely by a multi fuel stove, i use coal, peat and home grown wood. This legislation will take away my choice. The reason I use this stove is that we often get power cuts in the winter and its good to have a reliable heat source and 2 of the 3 choices of fuel are readily available and free. will they also take away my bottled gas cooker ?

The SNP-Green deal also commits the parties to a range of other measures, including:

capture the methane coming out of the peat and burn that sucker ..:good:

3 hours ago, islandgun said:

They come up with plans, like most of those with agendas, without firstly properly thinking through the implications. 
Time to start stockpiling methinks, although a bottle for a bottle may hinder stockpiling of propane or calor. 
Caravans, statics, and indeed some homes, are heated to a greater or lesser degree by gas. Mine is. 

4 hours ago, islandgun said:

Legislation to transition to zero-emissions heating in Scotland's homes

Read it again, all hot air. Legislation and transition, so basically you are likely to be long gone when (or more likely IF) it happens. I'm sure the greens put this in when they were negotiating the next leave campaign.

And then there's the E10 petrol cock up by the EU who we assume are about 10,000 times smarter than the loony greens. The 10% Bio fuel component is mostly refined from palm oil, the cultivation of which is responsible for the devastation of one of the world's greatest rainforests and home to everyone's favourite primate the orangutan.

6 hours ago, TRINITY said:

I thought the Scots dream of their independent utopia was based on the wealth created by their gas and oil reserves. They wanted it all themselves and not to share it with the rest of UK. Seems a strange alliance to me and a total contradiction to their plans.

No it is not the Scot's dream, it is the SNP dream entirely different.

Blackpowder