Variocele op.

30-6

Serious question, has anyone ever had a variocele op for a varicose vein in the scrotum. There are various ways it can be done, I had what they term embolization, where a vascular surgeon went through my kneck and clipped / severed a vein feeding the scrotum. This was about 7 years ago.

I've noticed for a while the testicle affected seems to have shrunk.

2 minutes ago, 30-6 said:

Serious question, has anyone ever had a variocele op for a varicose vein in the scrotum. There are various ways it can be done, I had what they term embolization, where a vascular surgeon went through my kneck and clipped / severed a vein feeding the scrotum. This was about 7 years ago.

I've noticed for a while the testicle affected seems to have shrunk.

Would be worthwhile raising your concern with the doctor regarding shrinkage. Bear in mind a vein or venule does not feed, it takes de-oxygenated blood away. What your variocele would have been doing is sending blood flow the wrong way round the system.

Would you happen to have had mumps as a teenager? My father had an issue with shrinkage on one nut that required an op but it was put down to damage from having mumps as a teenager.