Help needed

wishy735

3 hours ago, TIGHTCHOKE said:

There are some extremely "old fashioned" and poorly thought through views throughout this thread.

With the appalling events involving licensed and unlicensed guns in past years is it any wonder Police Forces and their licensing mechanisms are being "more careful?"

let’s not be shy people are to scared of losing their own tickets to condemn lincs for using a accepted small error to remove wishys firearms obviously stuff you i’m alright jack is now the norm no wonder we are doomed 

3 hours ago, clangerman said:

let’s not be shy people are to scared of losing their own tickets to condemn lincs for using a accepted small error to remove wishys firearms obviously stuff you i’m alright jack is now the norm no wonder we are doomed 

A 'small error' would be putting on your application that your speeding ticket was in 1998, when it was actually in 1999.

The OP has knowingly falsely filled in a statutory form, where the consequences for such falsehood are very clear. 

Basically, his new licencing authority have turned around and said 'You can't be trusted to fill in a form honestly, therefore we don't think you can be trusted to have FAC/SGC.'

It's hard to argue with their viewpoint on this. 

The Firearms Act does have an appeals procedure (through the courts) written into it. This  would appear to be the only route open to the OP

I have moved from Norfolk to Lincoln and had been granted both SGC and fac in march.having both for over 20 years I had not informed Norfolk that I had taken antidepressants (sleeping tablets) in 2008 and 2012. Norfolk picked up upon this and questioned why. my reasons were accepted as historical and perhaps naive.

I can't see why anyone can fault what Lincolnshire have done, just because Norfolk appear to have ignored the matter. Some appear to think Norfolk have done no wrong.

That said, I find it hard to judge with only half a story. Just how did Norfolk "pick up" on this, if it was never declared by the OP? How did Lincoln pick up on the very same matter?

Hard to blame members on here, when he said himself he failed to declare matters which he should have declared. 

Without knowing the facts available to both the Forces, just how can you say that one used commonsense, whilst the other was heavy handed?

I would still like to know how both Forces suddenly became aware of the medical history. Just how did it crop up?

I have said this so many times before, all this sort of thing achieves is to make people unwilling to seek help if they have a problem. If I had a problem would I go to my GP? 

I know of several cases, one in particular, of people who would not go to the doctor because of fear of losing their PSV or HGV licences. You can lose a PSV for having high blood pressure. 

Edited by Vince Green

5 hours ago, Gordon R said:

Hard to blame members on here, when he said himself he failed to declare matters which he should have declared. 

Without knowing the facts available to both the Forces, just how can you say that one used commonsense, whilst the other was heavy handed?

I would still like to know how both Forces suddenly became aware of the medical history. Just how did it crop up?

Norfolk became aware because for the first time ever a doctor actually filled in a medical report. Norfolk called me naive and stressed the importance of declaring it in future and issued certificates because they considered them historical.

27 minutes ago, wishy735 said:

Norfolk became aware because for the first time ever a doctor actually filled in a medical report. Norfolk called me naive and stressed the importance of declaring it in future and issued certificates because they considered them historical.

Did you warn Lincolnshire about your history?

1 hour ago, wishy735 said:

I didn't get the chance to, they made an appointment to check firearm security and then hit me with it. I have not filled any paperwork in for Lincolnshire.

and that’s the heavy handed approach shooting does not need all credit to norfolk a fair common sense decision not that we are interested in applauding such good efforts we prefer the type of lincs thinking that will bring about a ban on firearms doh! 

• 2 weeks later...
On 08/09/2021 at 07:46, kamyonsofor said:

I agree with Steve you need to contact the firearms section at BASC if not a member then join asap, they are very helpful and have the legal eagles on board and present your case.  Another issue you only have to be squeaky clean in the last 3 years  to satisfy the Home Office and your history is well beyond that.

Are you able to provide a source for your reference to only needing a clean medical history for a period of 3 years?  I'm confident that the requirement relates to your full medical history.

Kind regards,

Tim

On 22/09/2021 at 07:07, Touchstone said:

Are you able to provide a source for your reference to only needing a clean medical history for a period of 3 years?  I'm confident that the requirement relates to your full medical history.

Kind regards,

Tim

It was not a medical reason if you have no criminal convictions and satisfy you meet the Home Office requirements in the last 3 yrs  you can apply for a Firearms/shot gun certificate,if it was a medical condition condition  and your recent history is clear then your Doctor can/will furnish a letter to say so,on another subject regarding medicals I was a HGV driver and under the rules and regulations if you spent more than I believe 24hrs in hospital you were required to notify DVLA who would suspend your licence until they were satisfied you were fit to work ,I was in that position   and had to get a solicitor to reinstate my licence after being in possession of my Gps letter saying fit to return to work  ,I had my licence drop on my door mat 48 hrs later.

• 1 month later...
On 07/09/2021 at 20:31, steve_b_wales said:

If you are a member of BASC, seek their advice, or contact a solicitor who knows about firearm regulations.

I agree, I had a similar issue. And BASC were great! And going on their advice I got my SGC and FAC. And things have been fine for over 10 years now.

You need your Doctor to confirm the "Anti-depressants" were given to you for a sleep problem and not for Depression.

Good Luck!

• 2 months later...

Well I got my tickets back in November.

The police tried so hard to not allow me to have them reinstated.  I had a meeting with the firearms dept which whilst polite was basically a meeting to say I was not getting my tickets back because I had been a naughty boy and Norfolk police were incompetent.  I stated that whilst I respected their decision I did not agree with it and I would be taking civil action and I suggested that they inform the chief constables of Norfolk and Lincolnshire that they would soon be summoned to court to explain the actions of their respective firearms departments.

I received a phone call 48hrs later saying they were in the post.