Advice needed on special needs and shooting.

mel b3

Sorry but saying we are pleased when he had gone. That is why these kids hide away every Family as some one who as special needs or do you lock them away.

Mel I do not know you but thank you for helping this boy. I have my own children all grown up and lots of grand children and great grand children  . 

Plus we have fostered many children  one or two out off forty five had  special needs and were given the same  love as you are  showing Mel.

Well done Mel :)

Getting special needs or disabled young people and adults involved with sporting or any other type of social gatherings can be very benificial to their development.

My youngest son (now 30) has Autism, his mum walked out just after he was diagnosed 16 years ago.  His social life then was almost non-existent.

I returned to shooting in 2006 and took him along, he's been a member of three clubs now for 15 years.  While we're at the range or at the indoor club he interacts and speaks to everyone there, I think he might know more of the members than I do!. 

Without that social interaction over the years I'm sure he wouldn't be at the place (developmentaly) that he is now.

Edited by phaedra1106

4 hours ago, phaedra1106 said:

My youngest son (now 30) has Autism, his mum walked out just after he was diagnosed 16 years ago.  

I hope that this isn't too much of a personal question,  so please just ignore me if it is . Did his mom leave because of your son's diagnosis? .

Thankyou for your generous words again guys , but it really was just pure dumb luck that things went so well . We're trying to sort another shooting day for next saturday , just as long as the weather holds . It'll be a bit more of a practise session this time , as he's asked to come (proper shooting ) . It'll be gun safety again ,then a bit of time on targets ( I've got some rabbit silhouettes ) , then a walk around the woodland with an empty gun (more safety) , then a bit of time on balloon targets , filled with flour .