Tikka T3 zero issues

gmm243

Morning all.

I have a .243 Tikka T3x.Bought 2nd hand but basically in mint condition. 

I have been trying to zero with 100gn bullets (legal deer requirement here) but can not get better than 2" group at 100m.Have been trying Hornady,Federal and Winchester.Tried some 90gn ballistic tips which did perform slightly better but I would have liked the group to be 1" at most at that range.

Have moved the scope and mod over from my last rifle which grouped very well so don't think they are the issue.Everything seems tight but maybe there is something I am missing? I didn't think the Tikka were very bullet sensitive but has anyone any advice on different bullets they find work well or is there something glaring at me on the rifle that I haven't thought of?

Thanks.

Thanks all.

Original owner got rid of it to move to .223.Rifle had approx 120 rounds through it when I bought it.I have shot it and so has a friend and both getting the same results.Barrel is allowed to cool between shots.

On Sat I will try to get some time to take Mod off and see what it shoots like then.Not sure where I go after that but would like to try some more ammo before I do anything.Hard to source other ammo presently but I will do what I can.

Just out of interest have you tried it with anything lighter bullet wise such as 75 grain?

My .243 Sako did not like 100grain at all but would shoot 87 grain and 65 grain like a laser if I did my bit. 100 grain stuff was 1 and 1/2 inch at best. For me this was not an issue as I was only shooting in England so was not really restricted on bullet weight.

Edited by Zetter

i have always used 100 grn sp different makes in all the .243 rifles i have had ie parker hale. remington 700 pss police. and now my winchester model 70 xtr feather weight i have never had too use any thing less than 100 grns  the make of ammo has been better in some rifles i now use ppu .243 sp 100 grn in the winchester

Funnily enough I had a few ppu bullets to try when I first got the rifle and they grouped the best out of all the 100gn bullets.

I then moved on to the Hornady and Federal expecting them to be better but the grouping opened up with them.

Might have to go back to them if I can not find any other alternative.