Selling car do people not look at advert ?

hodge911

Selling my 2008 Audi A4 Avant on Gumtree ...

Do people not look at/ read the advert ?

Had the usual Muppets asking if I'd accept 50 percent of the asking price .

Would I swap for a 2003 suburu Impreza with 187k miles ( probably had the guts raked out of it ).. 

But now just had a couple come and her 1st words were " oh the interior is beige" ? EMMMM yes it is and there is pictures of the interior in the add .... He says oh it's got some scratches again it's in the description that it is a 13yr old car with age related marks and car park dings.... 

And no sale as it's too small for their dog .

Rant over 

2 hours ago, Vince Green said:

but coming back to the OP, its going to be hard to sell any old petrol car now the E10 petrol has arrived

Not with this one it's a diesel 

I've tried the usual w.b.a.c and the like but the offers are Way too low to market prices selling privately., There's no way I'm letting it go for their offer of £700.

53 minutes ago, hodge911 said:

Not with this one it's a diesel 

I've tried the usual w.b.a.c and the like but the offers are Way too low to market prices selling privately., There's no way I'm letting it go for their offer of £700.

Pop a add up on here it's free & you never know! Good luck I've two work Van's to sell & I'm dreading dealing with all the time wasters that come with it! 

17 minutes ago, paul1966 said:

looks like a tidy car mate, what mileage is it

147k I bought it in Feb this year but my disabled wife struggles getting in and out so I have a xtrail t31 now .. I had the t belt done along with a service when bought it . It had advised 2 drop links and a tyre which I had replaced . It's also had new front wheel bearing rear wiper motor and brake light switch .,.

None were really bad just I'm a bit of a fanny so got them sorted .

The brake light switch put the stop lights on but the resistance inside was wrong so didn't allow the cruise control to work so I had diagnostic checked and replaced

2 minutes ago, ditchman said:

far too biege for me

Damn I better put some Lidl seat covers on what colour would you prefer🤣

31 minutes ago, hodge911 said:

147k I bought it in Feb this year but my disabled wife struggles getting in and out so I have a xtrail t31 now .. I had the t belt done along with a service when bought it . It had advised 2 drop links and a tyre which I had replaced . It's also had new front wheel bearing rear wiper motor and brake light switch .,.

None were really bad just I'm a bit of a fanny so got them sorted .

The brake light switch put the stop lights on but the resistance inside was wrong so didn't allow the cruise control to work so I had diagnostic checked and replaced

Damn I better put some Lidl seat covers on what colour would you prefer🤣

im surprised for the age of the car .........it looks nearly immaculate inside

I would be interested but i dont like Red, and its not a Pickup. 

I put my 07 Invincible on somewhere (cant remember now) to sell, on for 7.5k and some foreign taxi driver type bloke asked if i would take 3k. i was rather rude to him and he had a pop back telling me i was rude, i was rude back and advised he go and start a family. Just love it LOL 

21 minutes ago, WalkedUp said:

I am happy to sell privately and enjoy it. My top tip is ask where they are from to make sure people are travelling  at least 3 hours to come see it. That thins out the tyre kickers considerably. Also FaceTime viewing initially. 

You seem to have that all sorted out!  :good: