Laws

Jaker1991

The only mammals you should be shooting with an air rifle are rats, rabbits and grey squirrels, all with the landowners permission and all humanely dispatched. Preferably with one head shot. Even talking about shooting a fox on an open forum just plays into the hands of the Anti's. If you need a fox removing and you don't have the equipment or knowhow hire a professional.

if you indeed have a "animal"...scatting on your childrens toys..........i suggest you ring the council and ask for the Enviromental Health officer and explain your problem.....they will more than likley send someone around to trap it.......

i had a severe rat problem a few years ago due to next door keeping chickens......i mentioned rats ...and they took a very dim view of that a nd someone came round FOC the next day........

2 hours ago, jamesleee123 said:

The only mammals you should be shooting with an air rifle are rats, rabbits and grey squirrels, all with the landowners permission and all humanely dispatched. Preferably with one head shot. Even talking about shooting a fox on an open forum just plays into the hands of the Anti's. If you need a fox removing and you don't have the equipment or knowhow hire a professional.

I suspect, whilst you are of course right, you might have wasted your breath! The OP hasn't been back on the site since joining and asking his question, so I think we might be chasing after the wind posting anything more to help the chap!

On 13/09/2021 at 07:39, walshie said:

You don't know much about foxes do you?

Only from working on a farm,,,

On 15/09/2021 at 12:31, jamesleee123 said:

Maybe he was trying to get the wrong kind of response off all us blood thirsty, animal murdering gun nuts, that the antis think we are!

More than likely !

2 hours ago, Houseplant said:

I would recommend an AR15 with full auto option and large capacity magazines just to be on the safe side. A bayonet might also prove useful in a tight situation. Good luck! 

I trust your opinion. You're the only one on this forum who's been hunting in Jurassic Park, so you must know your stuff

On 13/09/2021 at 08:11, London Best said:

It appears our friend has never even heard a fox referred to as ‘Charlie’.

Or its a sense of humour.. the net is for me not a place to be overly emotionally taken by, no offence was meant to any here.

6 hours ago, Old farrier said:

Don’t be silly 🙃 no where near a big enough caliber 

nitro express minimum for such a dangerous  beast 

Or a 4 bore...I recall seeing one in a gun shop it was bloody massive.

16 minutes ago, Chaz25 said:

Or its a sense of humour.. the net is for me not a place to be overly emotionally taken by, no offence was meant to any here.

Or a 4 bore...I recall seeing one in a gun shop it was bloody massive.

There fairly large but a dangerous beast should really be despatched with a rifle 🤔

my 4 bore is more suitable for flying stuff 🤭

13 minutes ago, Old farrier said:

There fairly large but a dangerous beast should really be despatched with a rifle 🤔

my 4 bore is more suitable for flying stuff 🤭

I was thinking of the old solid slug 4 bores both smooth and rifled a "stopping rifle" as they say, what's it like to shoot they look to have one hell of a kick

47 minutes ago, Old farrier said:

There ok to shoot black powder is fairly gentle 

actually there great fun and a awesome adrenaline rush 

Slower burn rate and lower peak pressure I guess for that kind of powder? its on my bucket list to try one prob's something that will never come to pass, maybe you could grace us with a picture of it one day?

Edited by Chaz25

11 hours ago, London Best said:

I shot over 200 foxes in two years because the county council pest controllers were releasing them in the local ‘country park’ bordering my friends sheep farm.

Thats all pest controllers can do, their hands are tied.

They haven't got FACs and if they had they wouldn't be allowed to keep their guns in their van all day. They have no legal way of economically disposing of the dead fox so a  short drive and goodbye Charlie .

This is how much things have changed. I am old enough to remember when the official recommendation was drown them in a rain butt. And we did 

Edited by Vince Green

On 15/09/2021 at 12:15, chrisjpainter said:

I suspect, whilst you are of course right, you might have wasted your breath! The OP hasn't been back on the site since joining and asking his question, so I think we might be chasing after the wind posting anything more to help the chap!

Strange how new members pop up from time to time on shooting forums, ask similar questions, and then disappear.

Would it be against the law to trap them, and club them to death with a Chris Packham approved vegan cucumber do you think?

7 hours ago, wobbly bob 2 said:

Strange how new members pop up from time to time on shooting forums, ask similar questions, and then disappear.

Would it be against the law to trap them, and club them to death with a Chris Packham approved vegan cucumber do you think?

Unfortunately not, but it should be.

Teal removed a lot of the join and watch for a while way of doing things to increase new members!