Humane dispatch course

bottletopbill

Please do not  book onto a humane dispatch course if you live in Kent or S E London as Kent police are not accepting any one and a few of us have completed the course and despite trying various organisations not one of us have had any replies . Do not get me wrong the course was great training and we did learn from the course. But if you are only going to do call out dispatch work you are wasting your time and money.  Kent and S E London  areas only do not know about other parts of the country.

• 6 months later...

I’m already a vetted (Nppv2) police volunteer for kent (4x4 response & search and rescue) and also an FAC & SGC holder. I’ve spoken on many an occasion to the rural policing teams about formally conducting  humane dispatch and never really had a straight answer but on a few occasions I’ve been asked at the roadside to dispatch injured deer, fox’s and a boar as I’ve happened to stop and offer my services.  If you do ever get a straight answer please do let me know! 

Sussex has people but you can't ever get i contact with any one, We probably get at least one call a month for injured deer, because people can 't get any joy from the police.

The bloke i work with stopped a few days ago for a deer that had been hit, the police were there. the copper was horrified that he offered to shoot it, it had at least both hind legs broken! 

The police in most parts of the country are not interested in injured animals due to rta's. Our local wildlife sanctuary call out people they have a list of to attend the location for humane dispatch. They tell the caller that they are sending someone out to dispatch and explain that in most cases the injury to the animal will be to severe to save it etc.