Pensioners

Bigteddy1954

Well, yes I cannot quite understand it but I dread to think it is all planned to deal with all the detrius coming over the channel.  I am a big believer in identity cards and when you appear at the Doctors or a hospital you produce it. Unfortunately as at presnt you walk into A&E and get treated regardless of what you have contributed to the system.

Glad I am the RIGHT end of my life, fear for any 10 year olds, dread to think what this great country will look like in another 50years.

14 minutes ago, Walker570 said:

Well, yes I cannot quite understand it but I dread to think it is all planned to deal with all the detrius coming over the channel.  I am a big believer in identity cards and when you appear at the Doctors or a hospital you produce it. Unfortunately as at presnt you walk into A&E and get treated regardless of what you have contributed to the system.

Glad I am the RIGHT end of my life, fear for any 10 year olds, dread to think what this great country will look like in another 50years.

Agreed. And just how many £ millions are owed by 'overseas' visitors getting operations done on OUR NHS and then going back home. While abroad, my sister had to go into hospital, and despite having insurance, had to hand over her passport.

27 minutes ago, oowee said:

We simply cannot afford our standard of living. Doe's not matter who is in power. Its easier to say yes. 

We could if we didn't live so high of the hog.  Monster TV screens a car for every member of the family etc etc etc .... I had to wait until I was 23 and earning my own wage before I had a car and then it was financed between me and my wife I enjoy what I enjoy because I do not waste what small amount of income I have on things like £500s worth of tattoos up my backside., now 17yrs pass your test and daddy will buy you a car.  Failure also to learn to cook your own food because so much easier to go out and have someone do it for you.

9 hours ago, oowee said:

We simply cannot afford our standard of living. Doe's not matter who is in power. Its easier to say yes. 

the truth right there                  the nhs is a money pit raped by agencys and accountants    within my extended   family       they are entitled to rape the system         while my blood boils as a    self employed contractor          and i have ripped them apart   and they are justified in their actions inc off for stress   (while on holiday on full pay and still take holiday later inc pay  imagine the row  the ********)     the ******* couldnt earn breakfast money in the real world             ok 2010  had to have chemo for months some nurses and doctors  i wish i could name i can only thank and have done  personally    for their care  and dedication            however  the amount of deadwood i have witnessed  walking about  bitching about the weekend  looking busy    on their phones     would be sacked else where        i have managed contracts i know workers and dossers   if im wrong   look for yourself     observe people      i make it a hobby  your eyes dont lie       the ones who work look tired  

old dears worked paid their dues       hell i would sponger a tv licence  for an old dear   if the bbc cant afford despite ****  tv    

Edited by Saltings

15 hours ago, Newbie to this said:

Conservatives = New Labour.

We need a true centrist Party, not those masquerading as one.

The Conservatives are way left of centre, they just seem centre right, because Labour are now extreme left, and have been for some time.

LEFT RIGHT, what the hell just some honest people with a backbone, is that to much to ask 

My young lady who got caught in the age trap has now done her extra time and is about to apply for her state pension only to find there will be a delay in getting her dosh owing to a shortage of staff. You'd have thought one of the 57,943 could have found a few minutes to sort it for her.

Edited by wymberley

6 hours ago, Saltings said:

the truth right there                  the nhs is a money pit raped by agencys and accountants    within my extended   family       they are entitled to rape the system         while my blood boils as a    self employed contractor          and i have ripped them apart   and they are justified in their actions inc off for stress   (while on holiday on full pay and still take holiday later inc pay  imagine the row  the ********)     the ******* couldnt earn breakfast money in the real world             ok 2010  had to have chemo for months some nurses and doctors  i wish i could name i can only thank and have done  personally    for their care  and dedication            however  the amount of deadwood i have witnessed  walking about  bitching about the weekend  looking busy    on their phones     would be sacked else where        i have managed contracts i know workers and dossers   if im wrong   look for yourself     observe people      i make it a hobby  your eyes dont lie       the ones who work look tired  

old dears worked paid their dues       hell i would sponger a tv licence  for an old dear   if the bbc cant afford despite ****  tv    

Never a truer word spoken 👍

17 hours ago, Walker570 said:

Right with you there sir. Why will no one tackle the problem in a common sense way?

Ive put in for my 20 years MOD pension due on my 60th birthday in August turns out i should of started messaging then 3 months before my birthday to give them time to check me out and arrange my pension . Got a email yesterday acknowledging  my paper work and it was all correct and they would be in touch within 2 weeks . Not worried as it will be back paid till my birthday but nobody seems to give a fig these days everythings dead slow or stop 

On 10/09/2021 at 17:22, steve_b_wales said:

Agreed. And just how many £ millions are owed by 'overseas' visitors getting operations done on OUR NHS and then going back home. While abroad, my sister had to go into hospital, and despite having insurance, had to hand over her passport.

When I had my transplants 16 years ago people were dying due to a shortage of Organs as well as funding. One morning a guy from Kenya appeared on the ward and 2 days later he received a Kidney, he had, according to the nurse in charge, bought a one way ticket to the UK and collapsed at Heathrow then been rushed to Oxford for treatment, I remember him well because he did not speak a word of English and as he was recovering he walked around the hospital totally naked with all the drips and a catheter in place!!

When I was in hospital in 2003, one of the nurses confided that the staff were up in arms about surgeons flying their relatives in from Asia, just for an operation. No queues - fly in and have the operation immediately. I asked why no-one complained. She said your career would be in tatters. 

I am sure this doesn't go on in this day and age.

Got to dash, the Flying Pig Squadron is circling the house.

So you work 50+ years and your entitlement gets taken by an amateur government away due to whatever. Perhaps the younger uns could consider not having to have flat screens in every room and a top range motor outside their terraced houses before robbing those that set up this feel good society.

Did I rant dear?

Best get used to it. Our costs are increasing and peops are living longer at the same time the country is earning less than ever. We need to work harder, longer, smarter and more often to pay the bills we have. Add in the tripple whammy bonus of the Brexit dividend, climate change and the pandemic and we are a long way up that dark creek.

Something has to give.