Packham again!

London Best

I know nothing will be done about it .. but I did it just to vent .

I sent in a complaint asking why the beeb keeps on giving him a platform to promote his personal views which have been many times proven to be incorrect and also to raise money for an organisation that carries out illegal activities which have been proven to endanger human life .

I've had the automated reply saying they've received my email ..

But like I say I do believe that they will carry on giving him the platform to spout his carp

Edited by hodge911

50 minutes ago, hodge911 said:

I know nothing will be done about it .. but I did it just to vent .

I sent in a complaint asking why the beeb keeps on giving him a platform to promote his personal views which have been many times proven to be incorrect and also to raise money for an organisation that carries out illegal activities which have been proven to endanger human life .

I've had the automated reply saying they've received my email ..

But like I say I do believe that they will carry on giving him the platform to spout his carp

Well done Hodge. The bit about illegal activities is a strong point, but, as you say, the beeb will do nothing. In fact, I bet they would like to donate more money to lacs.

47 minutes ago, mel b3 said:

I thought that lacs were now classed as a terrorist organisation,  due to causing fear , and ,or , making threats , and causing harm to people and property ,or did I just imagine that ?. 

I wouldn't have thought so, it's a registered charity that money can be donated to, if it were a proscribed organisation, you certainly couldn't do that. Now whether they should be is a different conversation 👍

4 minutes ago, Bigbob said:

Packham was on celebrity chase and even with the questions dumbed down he got kick out on the first round 

I loved watching that again. It was a question on the planets if I recall and he spouted on and on explaining why the answer was ‘C’ or whatever and got it wrong. Loved the look on his face when told the proper answer.

OB 

51 minutes ago, 12gauge82 said:

I wouldn't have thought so, it's a registered charity that money can be donated to, if it were a proscribed organisation, you certainly couldn't do that. Now whether they should be is a different conversation 👍

The reason that it was in my head , was an emergency training meeting that we had a couple of years ago at work . A anti terrorist officer ran through organisations,  and signs , that we should keep our eyes open for . It was for the usual things that we all knew , plus , racist organisations and their signs and literature , people trafficking and the signs( illegal brothels with minders outside etc) , and I'm sure that one of the organisations on the watch list was lacs , as they caused fear and harm , and also encouraged others to cause fear and harm , and that is what classed them as a terrorist organisation. It may have been one of the other animal rights lunatics though.

Edited by mel b3

42 minutes ago, Old Boggy said:

I loved watching that again. It was a question on the planets if I recall and he spouted on and on explaining why the answer was ‘C’ or whatever and got it wrong. Loved the look on his face when told the proper answer.

OB 

https://www.express.co.uk/showbiz/tv-radio/1400809/Bradley-Walsh-The-Chase-walks-off-Giles-Coren-Chris-Packham-ITV-video?jwsource=cl

For your viewing pleasure - scroll down for the Packham video.

Edited by Newbie to this

6 hours ago, London Best said:

Well done Hodge. The bit about illegal activities is a strong point, but, as you say, the beeb will do nothing. In fact, I bet they would like to donate more money to lacs.

Thanks ..

The way the beeb give him airtime to underhand promote his carp really boils my p

I was only thinking the other day why are we constantly on the back foot trying to hang on to the little we have. Since the hunting with dogs ban slowly but surly we are losing every thing bit by bit and it seems to be picking up momentum. Why for a change can not the likes of basc go on the offensive and start trying to claim back ground we are losing. I find it amazing that I just can't go up the road and drop a pigeon for dinner with out going through some hoohaa I am trying to protect some cabbages or some thing. I find it just ridiculous. I remember as kid the old boy in the village walking up the main road when there was no traffic on it due to snow trying to  drop a couple of pigeons in the hedge row for dinner. Just a slice of heaven 

21 minutes ago, captainhastings said:

I was only thinking the other day why are we constantly on the back foot trying to hang on to the little we have. Since the hunting with dogs ban slowly but surly we are losing every thing bit by bit and it seems to be picking up momentum. Why for a change can not the likes of basc go on the offensive and start trying to claim back ground we are losing. I find it amazing that I just can't go up the road and drop a pigeon for dinner with out going through some hoohaa I am trying to protect some cabbages or some thing. I find it just ridiculous. I remember as kid the old boy in the village walking up the main road when there was no traffic on it due to snow trying to  drop a couple of pigeons in the hedge row for dinner. Just a slice of heaven 

Can I recommend the FB pages of Bert Burnett, at last the truth !

Got this email today

• Reference CAS-6910524-K1M3W4

Dear Mr H

Thank you for contacting us regarding 'The Hit List' broadcast on 11 September and for sharing your views.

We note your concerns with Chris' chosen charity.

Chris Packham is an established and respected naturalist in his own right. He is not solely employed by the BBC and may choose to express personal views outside of his work on BBC natural history programmes.

We believe our audience is able to distinguish between his role at the BBC and his other external activities.

Nevertheless, it would never be our intention to cause offence and we apologise for any unhappiness caused. Please be assured we value your feedback on this matter.

All complaints are sent to senior management and we’ve included your points in our overnight report. These reports are among the most widely read sources of feedback in the company and ensures that your concerns have been seen by the right people quickly. This helps inform their decisions about current and future content.

Thank you, once again, for getting in touch.

Best wishes,

Victoria Hutchinson

BBC Complaints Team 
    www.bbc.co.uk/complaints

Please note: this email is sent from an unmonitored address so please don’t reply. If necessary please contact us through our webform (please include your case reference number).

• Delete
  • Move to
  • Forward
Edited by hodge911

13 minutes ago, oldypigeonpopper said:

Hello, did Packham actually say he was giving the money to the LACS and are they a registered charity ??

Not sure about him giving money but they certainly appear to be a registered charity 

https://register-of-charities.charitycommission.gov.uk/charity-details/?regId=1095234&subId=0

20 hours ago, mel b3 said:

The reason that it was in my head , was an emergency training meeting that we had a couple of years ago at work . A anti terrorist officer ran through organisations,  and signs , that we should keep our eyes open for . It was for the usual things that we all knew , plus , racist organisations and their signs and literature , people trafficking and the signs( illegal brothels with minders outside etc) , and I'm sure that one of the organisations on the watch list was lacs , as they caused fear and harm , and also encouraged others to cause fear and harm , and that is what classed them as a terrorist organisation. It may have been one of the other animal rights lunatics though.

That's interesting, whether that's an official view being a personal one, or a classified view we might never know but it's certainly interesting 👍

6 hours ago, 12gauge82 said:

Not sure about him giving money but they certainly appear to be a registered charity 

https://register-of-charities.charitycommission.gov.uk/charity-details/?regId=1095234&subId=0

That's interesting, whether that's an official view being a personal one, or a classified view we might never know but it's certainly interesting 👍

Hello, he should still not be allowed to give money from the BBC bank to fund LACS when many of these people who run it and others who are members trespass on farm land to disrupt legitimate country sports, and damage property, 

Edited by oldypigeonpopper