Packham again!

London Best

LACS is a registered charity.   Wild Justice is not.   Packham embarked on a scheme to sell Christmas cards, claiming that 10% of the proceeds would go to charity, but the money he obtained from members of the public was in fact going to fund his own campaigning group.   In other words, he deliberately set out to defraud members of the public.    The link posted by bluesj mentions this (cartoon number 6), and there is more detail here:

https://www.fieldsportschannel.tv/packham-christmas-profits-benefit-wild-justice-charity/

The ActionFraud website mentions that “….. fraud can take the form of a fraudster creating an entirely bogus charity and pocketing proceeds from fundraising.”    

https://www.actionfraud.police.uk/charities

Perhaps this little episiode is worthy of mention if anybody is writing to complain to the BBC, but the organisation that gave so much support to Martin Bashir might not be very much concerned about a petty charity fraud perpetrated by their pin-up boy.

10 hours ago, oldypigeonpopper said:

Hello, did Packham actually say he was giving the money to the LACS and are they a registered charity ??

When asked by the presenter which was his chosen charity (for which he was playing) Packham replied lacs, because of all the work they do for animal welfare. Fortunately, he won nothing (could have been £10k) so the presenter said as the show was a celebrity special they would donate £500 to his chosen charity.

On 12/09/2021 at 19:44, captainhastings said:

I was only thinking the other day why are we constantly on the back foot trying to hang on to the little we have. Since the hunting with dogs ban slowly but surly we are losing every thing bit by bit and it seems to be picking up momentum. Why for a change can not the likes of basc go on the offensive and start trying to claim back ground we are losing. I find it amazing that I just can't go up the road and drop a pigeon for dinner with out going through some hoohaa I am trying to protect some cabbages or some thing. I find it just ridiculous. I remember as kid the old boy in the village walking up the main road when there was no traffic on it due to snow trying to  drop a couple of pigeons in the hedge row for dinner. Just a slice of heaven 

Sadly, you can rest assured they will take it all? Like rats and cheese, nibble, nibble, one day all gone.

Give it 30 years of undefended decline?

3 hours ago, old man said:

Many don't believe the fact?

Don't see how it can be missed it is relentless. You can't do this you can't do that or they make it more difficult. Going to take magpies off the list soon for us in wales. You never hear oh now you can go and do that. So it stands to rights that if things get taken and never given eventually it will run out. Sturgeon on the news the other day and I have seen no one mention it. She said that on her todo list regarding covid etc she also threw in closing down the loopholes regarding hunting with dogs. So that will be flushing fox to guns etc. So that will be that gone in scotland. They started at bottom with fox hunting, coursing and lurcher folks. Shooters next they are nibbling away then anglers 

• 1 month later...

I see the BBC are to "warn all staff" that "It is important that the BBC ensures that strongly held beliefs, including those held by BBC staff, do not conflict with its duties of impartiality and accuracy."  This as a result of the Martin Bashir/Princess of Wales interview scandal.

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-10144951/Twitter-loving-BBC-stars-risk-SACK-impartial-posts.html