Back at the Lough Neagh ducks. The first decent Wildfowling trip of the season.

Big Al

Don't seem that long ago where I was in your hide when the curtains were drawn on last season , now before you know it we are back again at the start of hopefully a trouble free season , what make it for me is watching the dogs bringing back a duck that could have easily been lost , that now give me more satisfaction that pulling the trigger .

Excellent start to your season and long may it continue      MM

53 minutes ago, Dave at kelton said:

Lovely to see well done

Many thanks Dave.

20 minutes ago, marsh man said:

Don't seem that long ago where I was in your hide when the curtains were drawn on last season , now before you know it we are back again at the start of hopefully a trouble free season , what make it for me is watching the dogs bringing back a duck that could have easily been lost , that now give me more satisfaction that pulling the trigger .

Excellent start to your season and long may it continue      MM

I totally agree MM. I didn't have the camera with me (I travelled light) when we went to pick up the duck that fell in the woods. It was picked up dead just where I marked it down. 

I normally alternate the dogs on retrieves,  but if there is any chance of losing a bird, I release the pair of them.

10 hours ago, Big Al said:

The first Saturday morning of September saw me back in the stone hide, but it was flat calm and very few ducks were even seen.

This clip was yesterday's visit when there was a half decent wind.

Great video big Al both dogs working brilliant I went out the 1st Saturday September myself to the Big lough weather was very calm Hopefully when the migrants arrive It will pick up Lovely just getting out thanks for posting Side note RC Steel never used them seem to work for you in o/u 👍👍👍👍👍

7 minutes ago, Gerry78 said:

Great video big Al both dogs working brilliant I went out the 1st Saturday September myself to the Big lough weather was very calm Hopefully when the migrants arrive It will pick up Lovely just getting out thanks for posting Side note RC Steel never used them seem to work for you in o/u 👍👍👍👍👍

Thanks Gerry. I'm going to tighten the choke in the OU. Maybe half and three quarters. I just wasn't that comfortable with the kills.

It`s great to see you back in your stone hide on Lough Neagh Big Al.

As MM has said, it doesn`t seem that long ago that we were enjoying your last season.

Love to see the dogs working.

Great video as always and please keep them coming.

Many thanks for posting.

OB

2 hours ago, Old Boggy said:

It`s great to see you back in your stone hide on Lough Neagh Big Al.

As MM has said, it doesn`t seem that long ago that we were enjoying your last season.

Love to see the dogs working.

Great video as always and please keep them coming.

Many thanks for posting.

OB

Many thanks OB. Hope you have a great season yourself. 

1 hour ago, marlin vs said:

Very good,thanks for posting.

Many thanks Marlin.

13 hours ago, Cranfield said:

Its good to see you are back on the Loch and getting some action, well done.
The biggest curse on my wildfowling expeditions was the clipped diving duck, they can certainly wear your dog out if they can't get on them quickly.

Thanks Cranfield.  I'm fortunate that I can send two dogs, but I doubt I would have got that one without the cripple stopper. 

7 hours ago, ninjaferret said:

No problem  Thank you . Have you tried them using duck ?

Yes - in fact, that's what I did with ducks in the first video. I find the duck mince to be a great starting point. Once they are minced they can be easily made into sausage rolls, chilli, burgers etc ....