Film residue on stainless steel.

JKD

Hi guys n gals,,,, just installed a new stainless steel cooker and on peeling the protective plastic film from certain areas, some of the 'adhesive' has remained in ghastly streaks and patches. I've tried cleaning it off with a stainless steel cleaner and warm soapy water with no success, so can anyone recommend a method/product to do this ?

TIA

Thanks for the info and help fellas, much appreciated.

Tried the cooking oil method,,,, takes away some stickiness but steel remains blemished/tarnished. I'll try other ideas ASAP.

Luckily I can test on the sides which are only slightly affected. It's the front oven tray door at the bottom which is most affected,,,, in fact it's dreadful 🙄

On 12/09/2021 at 14:19, Stonepark said:

Mayonnaise, put onto residue and leave for an hour or two and then wipe off if residue is water based and most are.

If this doesn't work, normally then go to panel wipe.

Tried the mayonnaise on one area and it actually worked, to an extent,,,, tasted nice too. 😊

18 hours ago, ditchman said:

careful how you use WD40....over time espesially on a warm surface it will leave a yellow residue which is a devil to remove

Tried WD40 on the bit the mayonnaise didn't work on, and it cleared it but,,,, didn't taste nice 😳😅

Also tried the WD40 on the badly affected oven tray door front. This also worked to a point, but there are some stubborn cross grain [brushed stainless steel] marks that won't shift. Would warm soapy water clean off the WD40 to stop any potential yellow residue ?

All those products/things mixed together would sure make a lethal concoction 😆

2 minutes ago, TIGHTCHOKE said:

WHY?

i went on there to ask a question about cooking an old recipe........................WWWwoooooooowwwwww................bad move boy.....they slagged me off....took the wee......that mums net is full of viscious ......brutal....man haters.........if you do go on there pretend you are a woman....then you might get some sense

5 minutes ago, ditchman said:

i went on there to ask a question about cooking an old recipe........................WWWwoooooooowwwwww................bad move boy.....they slagged me off....took the wee......that mums net is full of viscious ......brutal....man haters.........if you do go on there pretend you are a woman....then you might get some sense

We are going to need a link for a laugh.

21 minutes ago, JTaylor91 said:

We are going to need a link for a laugh.

just type in mums net..................sort of like light blue touchpaper and stand well back..:lol:

some folk on here are a bit twitchy about some of the posts about prince andrew............THATS NOTHIN BOI....i have just been onto mums net anonimouse like and red the conversation on prince andrew.............jeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeesus christ...really dont know where they get there info from...but its well wortha read........wimin are devious viscious animals

39 minutes ago, ditchman said:

whatever you do/deciede.................DO NOT GO ONTO "MUMS NET"............THEY WILL BLOODY SLAUGHTER YOU...THEIR LANGUAGE IS TERRIBLE AND DONT TAKE ANY PRISONERS...........(ASK ME WHY)

To be honest, the only time I've seen that mentioned is on here,,,, odd that 🤔🤣

And once again, a thread veers of course via Norfolk 🙄 😂

Cheers for the help and humour 👍