Aftermarket batteries, dewalt.

mel b3

Hiya guys.

I've just been looking online , to order a few spare batteries for my 18v  dewalt portable tools . While mooching around , I came across some batteries that are copies/clones of the dewalt batteries.  They're a fair bit cheaper,  but I've no idea if they're any good , or even if they're safe. So has anyone got any good or bad(personal) experience of these batteries please ?.

Cheers guys.

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

mate has all makita stuff....and decieded to buy some 3 off the net i think thro one of those tool franchises.....they gave him an extra one free on the condiction he would give feedback.........

he uses them on a very regualr basis and says there is no difference txixt them and the makita ones.....(they were less than half the price)

Got 3 aftermarket batteries for Dewalt. One for my youngest, who reports no problems. I got two 5 Ah batteries for my DeWalt impact wrench. They were way less than 1/2 original DeWalt price. Gave one to a relative, who says it is fine. Mine is just the same as a DeWalt. They fit snugly, with no wobbling. They charge and retain charge as they should.

I would not buy another DeWalt original battery, as they seem way over-priced.

9 minutes ago, Gordon R said:

Got 3 aftermarket batteries for Dewalt. One for my youngest, who reports no problems. I got two 5 Ah batteries for my DeWalt impact wrench. They were way less than 1/2 original DeWalt price. Gave one to a relative, who says it is fine. Mine is just the same as a DeWalt. They fit snugly, with no wobbling. They charge and retain charge as they should.

I would not buy another DeWalt original battery, as they seem way over-priced.

That's brilliant Gordon , thank you .  that's the exact type of information i was hoping for .

I've been using portable drills/drivers for years , but I'm a relative newbie to other portable power tools , but , I'm quickly becoming a very big fan. 

2 hours ago, Gordon R said:

I paid £62 for a DeWalt charger and two x 5Ah batteries. I don't think that would buy a genuine DeWalt 2Ah battery.

Thankyou for the link Gordon.  

I'm already sorted for Dewalt chargers , as for some reason I've already bought four of them with other tools and spare batteries , but the batteries in the link are perfect . I bought a pure sinewave (sp) inverter a couple of years ago  ,   and it allows me to recharge power tools from the solar power system that I put together at our woodland . With a few extra 5Ah batteries,  I'll be able to work all day up there , and recharge overnight 👍

2 hours ago, ditchman said:

ooooohhhh can i join in ?

Don't panic mate , I'd already got you penciled in as the motorcycle cop , with the big droopy moustache,  tight leather trousers , and ray bans 👍

2 hours ago, TIGHTCHOKE said:

Just for Mel and Ditchy!

IMG_1763.JPG

I knew that I could rely on you to have a semi naked man at your fingertips 😅👍

8 minutes ago, TIGHTCHOKE said:

I'm a giver Mate, not a taker!  :w00t:

You asked I gave, being at work on a quiet Sunday allows me to trawl for the images you boys like.  :good:

I did hear that you give freely to all comers👍.

Your boss will catch you one of these days . Sneaking into work to search the net for naked men every weekend  must be costing the company a fortune . We appreciate your efforts though mate , and we know how hard it must be (snigger) thankyou👍.