• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• 2 weeks later...
On 12/09/2021 at 14:10, mel b3 said:

Hiya guys.

I've just been looking online , to order a few spare batteries for my 18v  dewalt portable tools . While mooching around , I came across some batteries that are copies/clones of the dewalt batteries.  They're a fair bit cheaper,  but I've no idea if they're any good , or even if they're safe. So has anyone got any good or bad(personal) experience of these batteries please ?.

Cheers guys.

Dewalt hammer drill

I don't think you will have a problem but the battery won't last long.

Edited by fatiherol54

4 hours ago, fatiherol54 said:

read the first 2 pages..........i do think if you buy aftermarket batteries from a dogy dealer ...they will be rubbish....but if you buy them from a well known franchise...they will be ok .........they have to be ..think about it

5 hours ago, fatiherol54 said:

I've been using the none dewalt batteries for the first time this morning,  so far I've used the grinder ( with the wood ripping blade) , and the none dewalt battery performed very slightly better than the genuine dewalt batteries .  I've also used the impact driver on almost 500 30 mm screws ,  with no loss of power . I used the genuine DeWalt batteries a few weeks ago , for well over 700 screws , and it was still going strong , so difficult to compare yet.

It's too early to be sure how things will go long term , but first impressions leave me feeling gutted that I've already spent a few hundred quid on genuine batteries , when I could get equally good batteries for less than half the price. 

1 hour ago, mel b3 said:

I've been using the none dewalt batteries for the first time this morning,  so far I've used the grinder ( with the wood ripping blade) , and the none dewalt battery performed very slightly better than the genuine dewalt batteries .  I've also used the impact driver on almost 500 30 mm screws ,  with no loss of power . I used the genuine DeWalt batteries a few weeks ago , for well over 700 screws , and it was still going strong , so difficult to compare yet.

It's too early to be sure how things will go long term , but first impressions leave me feeling gutted that I've already spent a few hundred quid on genuine batteries , when I could get equally good batteries for less than half the price. 

Do you have a link to the ones you purchased please.

• 4 weeks later...