Top Lever

wymberley

Experience reflects that unless I'm careful when fiddling with something I do not know about then my stupidity has occasionally resulted in a visit to the 'smith to correct whatever I did but shouldn't have - at a price of course. The Chapuis is good in that it has a button which when pressed allows the top lever to centralise if the gun is to be stored or transported broken down.

Could anyone kindly tell me if this can be done with a Browning B725 Hunter 20 Bore - and if so, how?

11 minutes ago, Old farrier said:

Don’t forget to lift up the bar and open the top lever before you try to reassemble your gun 

Cheers. This is exactly what I'm on about. My functioning memory of O/Us is limited to the Chapuis. Opening the top lever would have been a given but thinking of lifting the bar is doubtful at best.

14 hours ago, wymberley said:

Cheers. This is exactly what I'm on about. My functioning memory of O/Us is limited to the Chapuis. Opening the top lever would have been a given but thinking of lifting the bar is doubtful at best.

You don't need to lift the bottom bar up when reinstalling the barrels, just push the lever across when clipping the barrels in. When you clip the forend on thats what engages the bottom bar to the barrels.

I have no knowledge of Browning or Chapuis but on my over & unders (20 bore Highlander shown and a 16 bore Lincoln Prestige) there is a small button on the action face if when pressed holding the top lever, this then releases said lever.

I`ve seen this on many O/Us and I assume that the release mechanism on mine is somewhat cheaper than Browning or Chapuis. Is this correct ?

Perhaps someone could explain to me why I can post this photo and yet when I tried to post a photo of the bag of pigeons lately, it wouldn`t allow me to. Answers in simple layman`s terms please. Many thanks.

OB

IMG_2185.JPG

Edited by Old Boggy

20 hours ago, JTaylor91 said:

Not sure if the 725 is the same but on my 525 if you push the lever over to the right and the push slightly on the piece that’s raised in the centre. Then the lever goes back to centre.

1023AC86-4C1A-4FA2-A7D5-81C2E5CA8884.jpeg

20 hours ago, JTaylor91 said:

Not sure if the 725 is the same but on my 525 if you push the lever over to the right and the push slightly on the piece that’s raised in the centre. Then the lever goes back to centre.

1023AC86-4C1A-4FA2-A7D5-81C2E5CA8884.jpeg

........... and clean and oil around the encircled area particularly the fulcrum.

Edited by JDog

20 minutes ago, Old Boggy said:

I have no knowledge of Browning or Chapuis but on my over & unders (20 bore Highlander shown and a 16 bore Lincoln Prestige) there is a small button on the action face if when pressed holding the top lever, this then releases said lever.

I`ve seen this on many O/Us and I assume that the release mechanism on mine is somewhat cheaper than Browning or Chapuis. Is this correct ?

Perhaps someone could explain to me why I can post this photo and yet when I tried to post a photo of the bag of pigeons lately, it wouldn`t allow me to. Answers in simple layman`s terms please. Many thanks.

OB

IMG_2185.JPG

Your button is as per the Chapuis

41 minutes ago, Newbie to this said:

At a guess, the size of the photo is over the maximum 4.88MB

Yes that`s what it said. So if I take a photo close up it`s OK but outside in the country it`s not?

Genuine question from a technophobe.

OB

4 hours ago, Old Boggy said:

Yes that`s what it said. So if I take a photo close up it`s OK but outside in the country it`s not?

Genuine question from a technophobe.

OB

Possibly, the more detail in the image the larger the file size, but there are ways to reduce the image. There are apps, or most emails will ask if you would like to reduce the image size, when attaching a picture, so you could email it to yourself at a reduced size. A screenshot of the image may do the trick as well (just a guess).

Edited by Newbie to this

4 hours ago, Newbie to this said:

Possibly, the more detail in the image the larger the file size, but there are ways to reduce the image. There are apps, or most emails will ask if you would like to reduce the image size, when attaching a picture, so you could email it to yourself at a reduced size. A screenshot of the image may do the trick as well (just a guess).

Many thanks for your reply. I will attempt to use imgbb that I used some time ago but have forgotten how to since.

OB

On 12/09/2021 at 13:43, wymberley said:

Experience reflects that unless I'm careful when fiddling with something I do not know about then my stupidity has occasionally resulted in a visit to the 'smith to correct whatever I did but shouldn't have - at a price of course. The Chapuis is good in that it has a button which when pressed allows the top lever to centralise if the gun is to be stored or transported broken down.

Could anyone kindly tell me if this can be done with a Browning B725 Hunter 20 Bore - and if so, how?

Hi Phil, we spoke some long while ago about Chapuis guns. Mine has a button on the top of the standing breech a la Beretta. Closing the gun activates this small button and should you wish to move the top lever with the barrels of press the button to centralise the top lever. Gun is a Super Orion.

Hope the dog did OK with the Orvis lift you purchased.

2 minutes ago, das said:

Hi Phil, we spoke some long while ago about Chapuis guns. Mine has a button on the top of the standing breech a la Beretta. Closing the gun activates this small button and should you wish to move the top lever with the barrels of press the button to centralise the top lever. Gun is a Super Orion.

Hope the dog did OK with the Orvis lift you purchased.

Hi, yep, remember and all is sorted now.

Yep, the lift did well. Helped her recover from a detached cruciate ligament. But she couldn't beat the arthritis. Good Friday evening I heard a noise and turning I saw her with all four legs splayed out trying to get to me with a look on her face which I'll never forget. What was necessary was done the following morning. I'm still not too happy at times and my wife is in bits still if she goes to the farm which Tikka loved.

2 minutes ago, wymberley said:

Hi, yep, remember and all is sorted now.

Yep, the lift did well. Helped her recover from a detached cruciate ligament. But she couldn't beat the arthritis. Good Friday evening I heard a noise and turning I saw her with all four legs splayed out trying to get to me with a look on her face which I'll never forget. What was necessary was done the following morning. I'm still not too happy at times and my wife is in bits still if she goes to the farm which Tikka loved.

Sorry for you to hear that, I miss Rosie still but forever in my heart. All the best to you.