Side/driving lights

Topgun113

Evening all 

Not sure if this topic has came up before - I have a navara np300 and was just wondering if it would be possible to wire in a cut off switch where all lights disappear for lamping etc

and roughly the cost of it ? 

trouble with these modern truck is they have Too many Gadgets etc 

would appreciate any advice

cheers top gun 

4 hours ago, Topgun113 said:

Evening all 

Not sure if this topic has came up before - I have a navara np300 and was just wondering if it would be possible to wire in a cut off switch where all lights disappear for lamping etc

cheers top gun 

i wouldnt cut into anything after 06  as canbus  a new harness   needed         find a fuse that works every ting you dont want    cut the tag in the middle  / blown fuse       solder a wire to each blade  with a switch in the middle  if it works  yeii      if not a new fuse     i know some have to be remapped in or out  a main dealer gut wrench 

9 hours ago, Topgun113 said:

Evening all 

cheers top gun 

Tried all sorts on my isuzu if the hand brake is just clicked on the running lights go off but it starts beeping. 

Easiest way is to cover the lights with tape. 

I believe having any sort of switch where the brake lights can be disabled (like @ninjaferret has done) is now illegal - because they are regularly used by the 'crash for cash' brigade to cause accidents (you disable your brake lights, someone runs into the back of you, you and passengers claim for whiplash).

Whilst it's unlikely to be a problem, if you had an accident and the workshop discovered the device during repairs they'd then have to inform your insurance company, and that could open a world of pain, including your insurance being cancelled and the police being informed

21 hours ago, robbiep said:

I believe having any sort of switch where the brake lights can be disabled (like @ninjaferret has done) is now illegal - because they are regularly used by the 'crash for cash' brigade to cause accidents (you disable your brake lights, someone runs into the back of you, you and passengers claim for whiplash).

Whilst it's unlikely to be a problem, if you had an accident and the workshop discovered the device during repairs they'd then have to inform your insurance company, and that could open a world of pain, including your insurance being cancelled and the police being informed

Would that be illegal just on cars from a certain date or all cars end of?

I know someone who has done it via the brake pedal wiring which needs to be active to allow the automatic to start as anti - theft precaution. Its quite an old motor.

1 hour ago, Dave-G said:

Would that be illegal just on cars from a certain date or all cars end of?

I know someone who has done it via the brake pedal wiring which needs to be active to allow the automatic to start as anti - theft precaution. Its quite an old motor.

I believe it's on all cars. But as I said, it's unlikely to ever be spotted unless the vehicle was in an accident.