F1

toxo

To cover old ground the fact that Mr Horner is still aired a public opinion on the matter is a sign that Max was at least partly to blame. 

I wander if Max knew he’d let too much red mist clog his judgment I doubt challenging Lewis on lap one  the team strategy I suspect they needed some more data.

Still not acceptable walking away even if it Lewis at fault he is a human being and f1 drivers need to be seen and understand that they are participating in a sport for entertainment the sport is Not being a Gladiator  !

Agriv8

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

14 hours ago, Jaymo said:

Think you need to go to spec savers 🙂

As max walks past, he gives a very slight movement to the left of his head and a second one to the rear of the car.

At that point the No44 of Hamilton’s did not have any wheel rotation. To not even stop is deplorable and you know he was guilty as hell by his radio message- Max is normally extremely vocal on the radio with his expletives or protesting and yet this time he took it as just a verbal ‘shrug’.

If you follow F1, or any other sport, then your aware of the Jules Bianchi, Henry Surtees and Felipe mass’s incidents to name just three. then you don’t walk past someone who’s vehicle you have just mounted. 

You can think what you like about my eyesight I don't give a Fig. I raced for 15 years including one year at Le Mans, so I think I probably know a tad about track life. You watch it again! you'll see Hamiltons wheels clearly spin on Max's first look across, don't know how you can't see that. You are entitled to your opinion  as I am mine. Have a nice day as they say.

Edited by tonker

9 hours ago, tonker said:

You can think what you like about my eyesight I don't give a Fig. I raced for 15 years including one year at Le Mans, so I think I probably know a tad about track life. You watch it again! you'll see Hamiltons wheels clearly spin on Max's first look across, don't know how you can't see that. You are entitled to your opinion  as I am mine. Have a nice day as they say.

Nice one, I only managed two seasons on two wheels before injury curtailed things.

But, look at the video on the previous page from 1min 26 onwards and clearly the wheels are not rotating ( check the side wall detailing) and the crush damage to the Halo is fully evident. 
stand by what I said, you see a crushed Halo and yet can’t be ***** to check on the person. Even if the wheels on 44 had been turning, isn’t it entirely feasible to say he could had been injured and the car in gear but ‘beached’ and not stall? 

End of the day, we’re both entitled to an opinion and so we’re the Stewards. Did they penalise Mercedes? Tells you something doesn’t it! 

Just seen from another angle. Yes on first glance that he took, There was rotation.

Still think that he should have been a little more sporting and checked on his fellow competitor. 

Edited by Jaymo

Not going to argue with your last sentence, I agree. i just jumped in when you said there was no wheel rotation and Lewis was also working his steering to check for damage and see how far in he was. .All good here. Bad luck on your injury, hope you don't feel it all the time. Bikes huh.

1 hour ago, tonker said:

Not going to argue with your last sentence, I agree. i just jumped in when you said there was no wheel rotation and Lewis was also working his steering to check for damage and see how far in he was. .All good here. Bad luck on your injury, hope you don't feel it all the time. Bikes huh.

It does give odd ‘nerve’ sensations, but after three ops by a really good ortho surgeon, we’re good 👍🏻 

Went back to track days, but even they became a liability with to many ‘wannabes’ 

Still tempted though but I don’t bounce the same these days ( much more to bounce too). 

23 hours ago, shaun4860 said:

Hamiltons celebrations on the podium at silverstone after pushing Max off the circuit and sending him to hospital were no different to what Max did.

The two situations were massively different.  At Silverstone, Lewis was unaware until afterwards that Max had been taken to hospital, whereas at Monza Max walked away, without a care, from another human being trapped in his cockpit by a racing car that landed on his head.

21 minutes ago, Jim Neal said:

The two situations were massively different.  At Silverstone, Lewis was unaware until afterwards that Max had been taken to hospital, whereas at Monza Max walked away, without a care, from another human being trapped in his cockpit by a racing car that landed on his head.

He knew he had shunted him into the barrier at 100mph +

Where was the “is Max ok” over the radio?

:shaun:

• 1 month later...
10 hours ago, WalkedUp said:

As much as I dislike Hamilton off the track, you have to give it to him on it. What a drive yesterday. 

The man is in a different class and he does it without any cheating or dodgy moves. Verstappen was warned about weaving on the straight when Hamilton was close to overtaking and after he forced Hamilton off the track, Horner was very quick to pre-empt any penalty by getting on to the stewards first saying "You should let them race"

I can't put my finger on what's changed but the presenters were clearly biased toward Verstappen a couple of races back especially Coultard but there was no sign of it in Brazil.

3 hours ago, toxo said:

The man is in a different class and he does it without any cheating or dodgy moves. Verstappen was warned about weaving on the straight when Hamilton was close to overtaking and after he forced Hamilton off the track, Horner was very quick to pre-empt any penalty by getting on to the stewards first saying "You should let them race"

I can't put my finger on what's changed but the presenters were clearly biased toward Verstappen a couple of races back especially Coultard but there was no sign of it in Brazil.

Yes I wondered what has changed.

Out of all the current drivers on the grid, only Lewis and Max would be capable of such a recovery from the whole weekend's setbacks to ultimately win the race.  I knew he'd be on the podium from 10th but taking it off Max was just a fantasy before lights out.... and still not really looking on after the first round of stops.

I'm not a Hamilton fanboy, I just love to see top class racing, but... wow.... that was something truly special to watch.  Worth a late night!

4 hours ago, toxo said:

18 minutes ago, TIGHTCHOKE said:

Yes I wondered what has changed.

I disagree.  I don't think there's been any excessive bias.  From show to show they may concentrate a little more on either driver, be it interviews or analysis, but I think the C4 team do a pretty good job of keeping as fair and neutral as possible for a British show following a racing series with a British driver in the battle for the title!

Coulthard says it like it is.  He is pretty scathing if he thinks a driver hasn't done well enough, for example Bottas' apparent waving of his white flag whenever he sniffs a wheel to wheel battle or has to defend and keep a rival behind.  On the other hand he gives credit where it's due, such as with Max's dominance and flawless performances in some of the recent races such as Zandvoort or Mexico.

I think we're going to lose our free coverage of F1 before too long so I wouldn't wish it away, they do a great job in my opinion even though Steve Jones is a bit of a goof!

• 3 weeks later...

IMHO, MV is a bully driver !!! If LH hadn't taken "cat like" reactions on the 'close' corners Max would have crashed into him. I think that happened 3 times, and each time (bend one) Lewis took evasive action. And as for the slowing down to let another driver pass, well 🤔 There's absolutely no need to slow down so much,,,, and so quickly !? And,,,, when MV walked off after the awards, well,,,, only he knows if it was embarrassment or arrogance.

It’s my opinion that should Max ‘accidentally’ collide with Lewis resulting in Max winning the Title, then .5 of a point should be deducted from him for doing so.

There should not be the possibility that such a scenario of deliberate or ‘not’, antics resulting in a favourable outcome. 

Lando also has a point about working on a car during a red flag session. It shouldn’t be allowed to benefit any one team or driver. 

Very exciting end to the season. Hamilton is an unbelievably good driver. Max is reckless but brilliant. His recklessness is used as a strength and other drivers are afraid of him. The corners need gravel traps to stop him taking a direct line, the penalty for coming off the course to gain an advantage should be natural rather than mathematical. Really rooting for Hamilton even though I despise him off the track. 

38 minutes ago, WalkedUp said:

Very exciting end to the season. Hamilton is an unbelievably good driver. Max is reckless but brilliant. His recklessness is used as a strength and other drivers are afraid of him. The corners need gravel traps to stop him taking a direct line, the penalty for coming off the course to gain an advantage should be natural rather than mathematical. Really rooting for Hamilton even though I despise him off the track. 

Exactly how I feel.

Max must realise he will be watched very closely and challenged for any misdemeanour.

His habitual use of as much real estate as he can get away with must be stopped.

Policemen with stingers on various corners or Jeremy Clarksons idea of a sniper or two might cool his hot head.

43 minutes ago, WalkedUp said:

very well put................F1 was mind numbing boring until max turned up.......still think they should drop Monaco...and the french gp (paul richard circuit)     what a bloody mess of awful stripes it is...makes me quesy just watching it

If the dirty dutchman should punt Hamilton off he should be banned for a year and have all this year's points taken away . Then he won't even be second this year - just another nomark with no points .

The remark made about winning the title of they both don't Finnish suggests exactly what's on his mind . 

I'm not a fan of either driver but one of them needs to check his moral compass . We've seen that type of behavior from around that quarter of Europe before . 

They should go back to racing real cars not computerised machines. Frome what I have read they are both a pair of whinging cry babies but I suppose that is what you get in all these sports where they are paid ridiculous sums of money.

Just reading the life story of Stirling Moss, now he was a real racing driver.

Edited by Walker570

2 hours ago, Walker570 said:

They should go back to racing real cars not computerised machines. Frome what I have read they are both a pair of whinging cry babies but I suppose that is what you get in all these sports where they are paid ridiculous sums of money.

Just reading the life story of Stirling Moss, now he was a real racing driver.

People pay for performance.

They are the quickest in the world at the moment.

I've never placed a bet at a bookies in all my life but on Sunday night I was looking to see if they would accept a bet on Max punting Lewis off in Abu Dhabi to win the championship.  I'd imagine the odds are quite short if such a bet could be made.  I hope it doesn't end that way... I think Wolff will turn green, tear off his shirt and go punch Horner's lights out!

I think Lewis has got Max nailed now.  They've had enough up close and personals this season, and Lewis has, at times, showed Max how the better driver wins in the end.

The marker Lewis laid down at Silverstone was an extremely intelligent move.  It sent Max a message that he wasn't going to back down every time and has probably lessened Max's reckless "win or crash into them" mentality in the latter part of the season (believe it or not!).

I think Max is a great driver, he's exciting to watch.  It's a shame he uses the threat of crashing as one of his tools because he's quick enough to win on pure pace when the car's underneath him.

.... and I'm going to miss the live race on Sunday because of a *#$&*£#' family get-together on Sunday afternoon! 🥵