F1

toxo

1 hour ago, Gordon R said:

At this moment, I think Lewis is the quicker driver, but hope that Max wins fair and square. He is the future and doesn't push his views down other people's throat.

Quite. What really winds me up about Hamilton is how jumpy he is when a bandwagon comes along. Nothing on the environment...then it's all the rage and suddenly he's a vegan and it's because he wants to save the planet. Nothing on black equality....BLM comes along and suddenly he's taking the knee, raising the fist and saying how it's hard to get into F1 if you're black. Now it's gay/gender rights - only because the F1 circus rolled into Saudi Arabia. Being gay's still illegal in Qatar, but we didn't hear a squeak from His Holiness then, did we?

Meanwhile, what was Seb Vettel doing in the lead up to the Saudi GP? Ah yes he put on a karting day for women and girls to give female fans more accessibility to motorsport in the country. Not much fanfare, no big media interviews, just went out and did something useful, rather than wore a different helmet.

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

First of all I don't get this character assassination of sportsmen/women outside their professional realm. We have no idea what they get up to other than what the media wants us to know.

Back to the racing, This is what I'm afraid of because Max is showing the same win at any cost attitude of Schumacher. In this vid Schumacher stuffs it into the wall and if Damon Hill gets past him then Damon is world champion. It still boils my p**s that he was allowed to get away with it and became world champion.

I honestly don't think Max will do that because Red Bull know it's more than the stewards dare do to turn a blind eye this time.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=91JoW4mSiZo

The only hope for a great F1 finale, is if for any reason, a penalty is dished out in practise that keeps Ham and Vet away from each other on the grid. If they are on the front two rows, or god forbid, the front row, my prediction, as I'm sure is that of others, Max will take Lewis out, and win the championship on races won.

I sincerely hope I'm wrong and we get to see a fantastic dual!!

First of all I don't get this character assassination of sportsmen/women outside their professional realm. We have no idea what they get up to other than what the media wants us to know.

Got to disagree. I have no idea what they get up to other than watching / reading the media, who repeat what Hamilton, Joshua and other numpties feed them. 

Anthony Joshua - avoid white businesses, when he has a white manager, promoter, trainer. Willing to fight white fighters, so long as there is money in it for him. Didn't read the speech before he made it. Total hypocrite. Just how stupid can one person be?

Lewis Hamilton - all the things chrisjpainter cited.

Gary Lineker - great footballer, limited pundit and just a bit thick - Brexit.

Taking the knee has to be up there with "Track and Trace". Total waste of time.

It is one thing for them to have a view and let others know, but a number preach about things they have suddenly discovered and know little about. Anyone who disagrees is labelled racist.

2 hours ago, Gordon R said:

It is one thing for them to have a view and let others know, but a number preach about things they have suddenly discovered and know little about. Anyone who disagrees is labelled racist.

Basically it is all about being "relevant" for them - any publicity is good publicity and they will jump on any bandwagon as it may mean a few more million in the bank

Yes, I agree, Hamilton should win after all the appalling driving escapades of Verstappen.

Verstapoens face when the National Anthem is played just shows what an arrogant unsportsmanlike person he is.

when somebody walks past his opponent’s car having just landed on top of it without seeing if he was ok, or walks off the podium because he wasn’t good enough and can’t stomach a word of congratulations shows that the man doesn’t deserve any respect, no matter how good he may be at driving.

It’s character that counts, for respect.

On 09/12/2021 at 15:22, VicW said:

The GP is on Ch4 live after Ch4 arranged a deal with Sky TV. GP start time is 1PM, don't known what time the programme starts.

Vic.

Thanks for that Vic, I hadn't heard through any other outlets!

My life wouldn't be worth living if I weasel out of the family lunch on Sunday, so hopefully after missing the live coverage programme I can stream it later on C4's catchup service?  Although I bet only the highlights are on offer 😞