Any one ever mess with Fair brand guns?

NoBodyImportant

I found a combination gun on a auction site and it’s a FAIR owned by rizzinie.  It’s to far to drive and look at it.   It’s Italian and I have never seen their stuff in person.  Has anyone every had one? How it the quality? Fit and finish?  Might have it shipped in.  I will be about $2000 usd  deep into it.  

41 minutes ago, NoBodyImportant said:

I found a combination gun on a auction site and it’s a FAIR owned by rizzinie.  It’s to far to drive and look at it.   It’s Italian and I have never seen their stuff in person.  Has anyone every had one? How it the quality? Fit and finish?  Might have it shipped in.  I will be about $2000 usd  deep into it.  

F.A.I.R (Fabbrica Armi Isidoro Rizzini) make the Lincoln range of guns and in my opinion are good value for money. I did have a 16 bore Lincoln Jubilee and currently have a 16 bore Lincoln Jubilee Prestige (sideplated box lock O/U). I.Rizzini are regarded as second best of the Rizzini clan with B.Rizzini (Batista Rizzini) being the best and E.Rizzini (Emilio Rizzini) being the lesser of the three. The Lincoln range are one of the only Italian manufacturers building their guns on truly scaled down actions. My 16 bore weighs 6 lbs 4 oz which I think is the ideal weight for a 16.

Hope that this helps.

OB

I have three Lincoln’s two twenty and one in twenty eight they are very nice guns.

Don’t think you will be disappointed if you buy it but beware buying with out seeing 

I now I said very nice guns but I once drove miles to see one that I was told was in good condition 

there good condition was not mine so be very careful about buying anything with out seeing it 

goes with anything you buy from a gun to a car be careful that’s all I have to say

There is a you tube video review of a F.A.I.R.combination gun. Hope this helps..

Also attached a pic of my Marocchi Finnclassic 12g/.308.

If its a good price go and get it or you'll kick yourself.

P.s. I wouldn't normally shoot 3 roe in one go but thought I'd missed with my first shot, saw both deer running away and shot again, remaining deer took a few steps and stopped so I took that one too, when I went to shot site there were three dead deer on the ground. I hadn't missed just not seen third deer.

Good luck!

20200124_120317.jpg.f0011541e0069255ee78341ffbd767d7.jpg

16 hours ago, moor man said:

There is a you tube video review of a F.A.I.R.combination gun. Hope this helps..

Also attached a pic of my Marocchi Finnclassic 12g/.308.

If its a good price go and get it or you'll kick yourself.

P.s. I wouldn't normally shoot 3 roe in one go but thought I'd missed with my first shot, saw both deer running away and shot again, remaining deer took a few steps and stopped so I took that one too, when I went to shot site there were three dead deer on the ground. I hadn't missed just not seen third deer.

Good luck!

20200124_120317.jpg.f0011541e0069255ee78341ffbd767d7.jpg

😂 I have watched that video 40 times trying to decide.  Love your fin classic. The same sight has a fin 512 12/30-06.  Is there a utube video of you hunting with that gun? Because I watched one on a Fin classic that looked like that.  

Edited by NoBodyImportant

Not my u tube, I need all my wits for shooting ha ha!

Does the gun you have seen come with a scope mount? I know they can add a bit to cost. I was lucky with mine, bought it at auction complete with mount, unseen! Put in a cheeky bid and won!

Edited by moor man

16 hours ago, moor man said:

Not my u tube, I need all my wits for shooting ha ha!

Does the gun you have seen come with a scope mount? I know they can add a bit to cost. I was lucky with mine, bought it at auction complete with mount, unseen! Put in a cheeky bid and won!

Not that I’m aware of.  I have been looking at some I think would work and they are 200+ 

8 hours ago, moor man said:

⁰vbhttps://www.optics-trade.eu/uk/mounts/shopby/suitable_for_d_g-f_a_i_r_combi.html

Don't know if you have seen this?

I'm sure leupold make a one-piece mount to fit. Probably a cheaper option.

I actually did find those while researching.  I blew the pictures up on my computer and it appears the gun has huge Warning! Read your owners manual! Im a little put off by that to be honest.  

4606ECE8-75D1-4A39-B46F-60FDD2F0C855.png

I’m researching my other options but this seems to be my best bet.  Combos are pretty rare over here outside of 22/410.  I definitely want 20/223 as I’m setting on 15,000 rds of 223.  

58 minutes ago, Scully said:

Doesnt every Ruger firearm come complete with a stamped Warning! Read instruction manual. ?

They used to.  Now they put the warning in hidden locations like under the barrel.  But for a span of 30 years they bill boarded it on the side

I know it sounds stupid but I hate went guns are covered in writing

I’m probably still gong to lowball this gun.  If I can get it for around $1700 I will bite. 

1 minute ago, Whitebridges said:

This was a nice little FAIR 20 bore I had a few years back. It was branded Rottweil and had a colour case hardened action with gold inlay. I think i paid in the region of £700 for it and it was worth the money.  

rotty77.jpg

That looks identical to the ‘Lincoln’ my nephew had. Great little gun. 

2 minutes ago, Scully said:

That looks identical to the ‘Lincoln’ my nephew had. Great little gun. 

I certainly liked it and got on with it. It never let me down and I only let it go when a 20 bore Kemen K4 came up.

Yes the Lincoln equivalent are the same but I've only ever seen these in a silver action.      

3 minutes ago, Whitebridges said:

I certainly liked it and got on with it. It never let me down and I only let it go when a 20 bore Kemen K4 came up.

Yes the Lincoln equivalent are the same but I've only ever seen these in a silver action.      

It was sold as a Lincoln but was  manufactured by FAIR. The case hardening was exquisite. 

On 14/09/2021 at 07:23, Scully said:

A nephew had a Lincoln ( FAIR ) Jubilee Prestige 20 bore many years ago. Fabulous little gun. 

Evening Scully, if your nephew’s gun was identical to Whitebridge’s, then I think that you’ll find it was a ‘Jubilee’ not a  ‘Jubilee Prestige’. The Prestige had the sideplates. Exactly the same otherwise and both lovely guns to shoot.

Old Boggy with his pendant’s hat on.

16 minutes ago, Old Boggy said:

Evening Scully, if your nephew’s gun was identical to Whitebridge’s, then I think that you’ll find it was a ‘Jubilee’ not a  ‘Jubilee Prestige’. The Prestige had the sideplates. Exactly the same otherwise and both lovely guns to shoot.

Old Boggy with his pendant’s hat on.

Fair enough, I didn’t realise the gun in the photo was a boxlock. Nephews gun was the jubilee prestige. 
There’s only one n in pedant. 😉

Hi Nobodylmportant I use a fair brand 28gauge shotgun. I bought it about fifteen years ago it branded Lincoln in the U.K. l know it’s a fair brand as l purchased chokes for it from Italy under the fair make. I have used it a lot and it’s never had a fault.l don’t know about combination guns but I like the 28gauge it’s also on a scaled down action. I cut the stock down and my friend lengthened it again. I use 28gauge as my main gun. I show a picture of the first waterfowl I shot with it on the start of our season .

AE2A1C5B-9524-443F-825F-ECF418B5051C.png