New silver pigeon 3 sporter

Greenboy

Hi all

I purchased the silver pigeon 3 sporter

back in may ,and have only used it 3 times (Covid restrictions)

was cleaning the gun on Sunday ,and noticed that some of the blueing has rubbed away . Where the top of the fore-end touches the barrel ,when the fore-end is on you cannot see the rubbed area 

It will be going back to the shop I purchased it from on Saturday to discuss 

has anybody else had any similar problems 

I have the same issue with a 686 bought new a few months ago. The wood seems to be contacting the barrels and wearing the finish away.

I was told that this is to be expected and that it happens to most of the budget Beretta lineup.

I'd be interested to see if you get anywhere with the RFD/ Beretta.

44 minutes ago, Greenboy said:

Hi all

I purchased the silver pigeon 3 sporter

back in may ,and have only used it 3 times (Covid restrictions)

was cleaning the gun on Sunday ,and noticed that some of the blueing has rubbed away . Where the top of the fore-end touches the barrel ,when the fore-end is on you cannot see the rubbed area 

It will be going back to the shop I purchased it from on Saturday to discuss 

has anybody else had any similar problems 

is this the 687 model ?

45 minutes ago, Greenboy said:

Hi poor shot

yes it is the 687 model

what was the outcome with the issues you had?

I haven't done anything about it to date. I've seen a few silver pigeons out there and they all seem to have the same wear marks.

I just put it down to one of those things that wears with use and I fully expect to be told that they are 'tools' after all waering of the finish with use should be expected. 

I'll be following your thread with interest though. If you have any luck with a warranty claim, I'll do the same.

Bought my Silver Pigeon 3 on the 30th June 2021 and have used it every week since. Have just had a look at my barrels and there is

very slight rubbing. But it is to be expected if the fore end is taken off regular when the gun is cleaned. I dont think i will

be too concerned about it. Do you remember the Brownings with the strange fore ends. They rubbed rubbed the

barrels good and proper.

7 hours ago, samboy said:

Bought my Silver Pigeon 3 on the 30th June 2021 and have used it every week since. Have just had a look at my barrels and there is

very slight rubbing. But it is to be expected if the fore end is taken off regular when the gun is cleaned. I dont think i will

be too concerned about it. Do you remember the Brownings with the strange fore ends. They rubbed rubbed the

barrels good and proper.

B25's