Fully Ajustable Shotgun Stock

Tonka54

44 minutes ago, Scully said:

Try Kelbrook shooting lodge. He has stacks of stocks in stock! 🙂

Thankyou Scully, I have given them a quick ring and you are quite right they could probably sort me out with a stock and forend.

That's good to know for future reference but it's not what I meant, something like the picture below is required, so that I can just swap it without having to alter the original stock, which can then be put back should I wish to sell the gun later.

1337783569_UVStock.png.ddb1bd5e5e1d1fd76c09b14537d1a4fa.png

1 minute ago, Tonka54 said:

Thankyou Scully, I have given them a quick ring and you are quite right they could probably sort me out with a stock and forend.

That's good to know for future reference but it's not what I meant, something like the picture below is required, so that I can just swap it without having to alter the original stock, which can then be put back should I wish to sell the gun later.

1337783569_UVStock.png.ddb1bd5e5e1d1fd76c09b14537d1a4fa.png

Fair enough. The only place I’ve seen one of those recently ( although black plastic ) is on a shotgun featured on TGS on YouTube regarding a Holts up and coming OU auction. They may have others? 

2 minutes ago, Scully said:

Fair enough. The only place I’ve seen one of those recently ( although black plastic ) is on a shotgun featured on TGS on YouTube regarding a Holts up and coming OU auction. They may have others? 

Yes that may well be an option, buy a rough second hand gun with this type of system fitted. It will definitely be cheaper than buying new. 

1 hour ago, Wylye said:

Try UK Gun Repairs in Taunton. 01823 433201. They sell a fully adjustable stock - Ergosign

Yes they do Wylye thankyou, I have seen a couple of UK based companies that can supply me with a new one. I need to try other options for a used one first though, the cost of a new one is mega.🤨 

As an update to this topic, I have decided to bite the bullet and have asked TSK to quote me for a stock to fit my B725.

I am under no illusion that this will be a cheap fix for my gun which, unknown to me at time of purchase, had previously been fitted with the large Isis recoil system.

This had subsequently been removed and the gaping hole left in the stock had been repaired by infilling it with a block of wood glued into place and covered with a new butt plate.

Now I know this is a classic case of "caveat emptor" but in my defence, being new to the clay shooting scene I put my trust into buying from a reputable RFD and as such, did not expect them to pull a stunt like this, I suppose in fairness, they may not have known but I very much doubt it.

Anyway, the balance of my gun is now badly out and I suspect the stock is weak. I now am faced with the choice's of : trading the gun in for something else and let some other unsuspecting soul finish up with the same problem, but as I do have some moral standards I have rejected this option in favour of : purchasing a new stock and matching forend or changing my existing stock for a fully ajustable one. 

I would be most grateful if any member can offer some advise or useful input before I make a commitment.     

58 minutes ago, Old farrier said:

You could just balance it up with a few ounces of lead in the butt 

as long as the length and cast are ok 

a picture would be good 👍 

any gaps could be filled with a mixture of lead shot and glue ( most are stronger than wood) 

Thanks O F yes this would be a good way of getting some balance back and strengthening the weakened stock but, it would be a bit of a bodge up repair, this would be ok for my own use but would certainly devalue the gun greatly if I was upfront about it when I eventually upgrade.  

4 minutes ago, Tonka54 said:

Thanks O F yes this would be a good way of getting some balance back and strengthening the weakened stock but, it would be a bit of a bodge up repair, this would be ok for my own use but would certainly devalue the gun greatly if I was upfront about it when I eventually upgrade.  

It’ll give you some time to find the right stock for it though 

we still need a few pictures 🤔😊

These are the only pics I have available for the gun, unfortunately as I still don't have my permit yet due to the covid backlog, the gun has to remain in the armoury at my gun club.  I cannot really photograph the damage anyway as it is obscured by the fitted kickeez pad  

B725.JPG

2 hours ago, Tonka54 said:

These are the only pics I have available for the gun, unfortunately as I still don't have my permit yet due to the covid backlog, the gun has to remain in the armoury at my gun club.  I cannot really photograph the damage anyway as it is obscured by the fitted kickeez pad  

B725.JPG

Nice looking gun with adjustable stock 

If it’s the right length just shoot it and don’t worry about the stock  strength and as said before a bit of lead will help you with the balance 

the 725 can seem to be a tad muzzle heavy especially with 32 inch barrels just moving your hand forward on the forend sorts that 

16 minutes ago, Old farrier said:

Nice looking gun with adjustable stock 

If it’s the right length just shoot it and don’t worry about the stock  strength and as said before a bit of lead will help you with the balance 

the 725 can seem to be a tad muzzle heavy especially with 32 inch barrels just moving your hand forward on the forend sorts that 

Thanks for you suggestions Old farrier, your idea's will work a treat for a short term remedy, it will tide me over till I can source a replacement stock of some description.

As you say, apart from the damage which is inside of the stock and as such invisible, the gun looks good, it's a 2014 model, everything is nice and tight and it shoots great.  

6 minutes ago, Tonka54 said:

Thanks for you suggestions Old farrier, your idea's will work a treat for a short term remedy, it will tide me over till I can source a replacement stock of some description.

As you say, apart from the damage which is inside of the stock and as such invisible, the gun looks good, it's a 2014 model, everything is nice and tight and it shoots great.  

There’s rarely any problems with the back end of a stock so tbh I wouldn’t worry about it 

the right replacement will turn up for you 

enjoy your gun and your shooting