Good old DHL.

samboy

12 hours ago, samboy said:

Hi gang.

Got a text at 1030 this morning to say they will be picking up a parcel between 14.30 and 1530. I am still waiting.

I've been waiting for a parcel arriving between 11.28 and 12.28 monday. 

Mind you they didn't say which monday. 😊

1 hour ago, samboy said:

DHL have just turned up. So i am a bit happier.

Contacted my sender he actually sent it monday morning.

Mind you not as bad as herpes they came late one afternoon saw him i opened the door he seemed shocked card in hand hadn't even got my package. 

• 4 weeks later...
On 15/09/2021 at 12:40, mellors said:

Contacted my sender he actually sent it monday morning.

Mind you not as bad as herpes they came late one afternoon saw him i opened the door he seemed shocked card in hand hadn't even got my package. 

Took herpes a month to deliver a parcel to me. Worst couriers around in my opinion 

Hermes/DPD etc delivery drivers get peanuts per delivery - almost all are eastern European or Asian driving old private cars on private insurance and I imagine many have gone back home now. Similar to taxi drivers, farm pickers and almost any other unskilled labour dependent work, plus many semi skilled jobs too.

Bosses just got too complacent with poor wages to acheive competitive prices to compete with Europe. Partner and I are much better off on my standard state pension and her reduced one than when I was cabbing before I got mugged by five Somalian passengers.

Schools and Universities didn't help with their silly media studies ETC instead of practical education... I'm thinking that might have been part of the EU game plan to take us downhill. 

Edited by Dave-G

Herpes by a big margin are the worse courier company by far, but a lot of companies must use them because they must be cheap. No matter how times I tell them to leave my parcels in my safe place if I am not in, I will come home to find them in plain view on the front door step. There is no use in complaining, they dont listen and fob you of with some lame excuse (I have left numerous bad reviews on trust pilot to no effect). One time they said their driver could not deliver my parcel as my driveway was blocked, I have an open driveway with no gates leading straight to my front door. i was in all day, their driver just didnt turn up, and just made this up to excuse his/her short comings. I now contact companiesI I buy off and will request they dont use Herpes if possible for my parcels.