More poop on the pile

hodge911

Had S.W.M.B.O to see the consultant about her knees today and came out with being out on the list for knee replacement as they are both shot . Her left is by far the worst but the right is not far behind .... 

So he told her he's going to try his best to get it within 4-6 months (covid permitting).

But she's also close to the top of the list if there's any cancellations as we can get her there at very short notice.

Left knee pic 

2101115922_IMG_20210914_170131(1).jpg.eedbf671549fef8273f522908df5698c.jpg

Pic of x-ray of both is too large to add

Edited by hodge911

Had my left knee done total replacement a few years ago more agony now  and they want to do my right knee as well. Plus replace the left one again for a second time  but I am worried in case it goes the same way.  Please do not get me wrong have seen lots of knee replacements much better after six weeks giving a much better quality of life.

• 2 weeks later...
1 minute ago, hodge911 said:

And the icing on the cake as the saying goes .....

We've just got home from hospital (4 hrs) they think she's had a mini stroke (TIA)

So she's been referred to the stroke team and we're waiting for a phone call from them to arrange seeing her  

Sorry to hear that.

After I had one they forgot about my knees and hips and four years later I'm still waiting. No longer considered important.

Please push for the op if she's still able to have it. I live on morphine and other pain killers, it ain't nice.

Best of luck with it, my best regards to you both.

Sorry to hear that 

I need a new right knee had it drained 6 times and six cortrozone injections  i was told i would get a new knee at 60 as i had no cartridge left , i turned 60 and they said theres some cartridge and due to covid it will now last me till im 70 . Where did the cartridge reappear from ??? 

My doctor at work occy health disagreed and said why are you getting 2 injections a year to be here youve done 25 years you have done your time and recommended me for ill health and i was never so glad to hear that