BASC Cards, did you get yours?

buze

A bit embarrassing, as tomorrow we're on partridges, and I thought I'd triple check I have my licence and insurance and.... my basc card is expired! Now I *know* I have renewed, and I also have 1) CA and 2) CPSA so I'm covered, but I also know I definitely would have installed the card at its place if I had received it!

So anyone else are missing their cards or is it just me (I'll call them tomorrow of course) ?

On 14/09/2021 at 20:56, buze said:

A bit embarrassing, as tomorrow we're on partridges, and I thought I'd triple check I have my licence and insurance and.... my basc card is expired! Now I *know* I have renewed, and I also have 1) CA and 2) CPSA so I'm covered, but I also know I definitely would have installed the card at its place if I had received it!

So anyone else are missing their cards or is it just me (I'll call them tomorrow of course) ?

What date is on the card, as even if you didn't Renew, it covers you for a further three months. As I forgot one year and was told not to worry due to this

Apologies if it is a daft question but what is the purpose of the card in the first place?

Never really understood why they send me one every year and usually they are still stuck to the letter stuffed in a drawer somewhere by time the next one comes.

Do you have to show them on shoots or something?

9 minutes ago, 39TDS said:

Apologies if it is a daft question but what is the purpose of the card in the first place?

Never really understood why they send me one every year and usually they are still stuck to the letter stuffed in a drawer somewhere by time the next one comes.

I find it useful to show on a shooting day in a new place to show you are actually insured. It's never *necessary* but I think it's the polite thing to do.

Turns out we did find the cards, just had slipped down the pile of "catch up later" stuff.

42 minutes ago, 39TDS said:

Evidence of insurance. If you want a ticket at Caerlaverock sending a copy proves it.