8 bore loads for a AYA bored out ten

swan40

I have an AYA matador 10 bored out to a very tight 8 bore 

I have followed all the old posts about plastic wads and tight bores etc, however I would like to shoot some  lead sometimes

I can shoot lead for lots of things and in my experience the  more you do it the better you get. An 8 might be a bit much for rabbits , pigeons  etc but only if you are using heavy loads what about some light / very light  loads just to get the idea of swinging it  about a bit, practice and formilularity  is the best thing ever in my experience.

What I would like is SAFE 8 bore loads for a a gun that is only a pretend 8 bore.  Light loads , I am not that fussed about the use of plastic bits  but the wad has  to be compatible with the very - very tight bores of a bored out  ten.

the one I have got is mint not been fired in probably 30 years  the cartridges I got with it are loaded with  powder T   by the old owner.

Swan 40

Edited by swan40

54 minutes ago, harkom said:

The usual places for them to bulge will be at the chamber cone and the choke. I suggest that you get the bores accurately measured up in order to help you decide your best course of action.

I agree and then get some wads that are not too tight in the bore. Might need felt cut to order. I have plenty of data for lead and might suit bismuth or ITM….but not steel