EasyJet

willj

I’m just enquiring to see if any of your fellow shooter have taken a Rifle on a easy jet flight recently & was it simple or lots of hassle!

I have read through there police & they state that Firearms are allowed in the hull of the plane but must be in the correct carrying case/bag. 
I have the chance to purchase a rifle but it’s in Scotland from my cousin, collecting it myself via a plane seems the cheapest option.

any useful information would be helpful 👍

Been a few years now but flying out of Gatwick to Slovenia with Easy Jet was a piece of cake....IF... you had all the papers and the rifle/s where in proper flight safe boxes which ours where.  Yes, it takes about ten minutes for them to check each rifle and then all done and they arrived in Slovenia, safe and sound. Then you had to have them checked through the Slovenian Police which again proved no problem IF your paperwork was correct etc.   Now I have flown with British Airways and they lost our rifles although the pompous idiot doing the Xray check played up becaue our hunting knives where alsi n the rifle cases. I suppose his ear and nose rings where rubbing that morning. Fair doos the BA pilot took charge and personally tansferred the knives for us which arrtived on our flight but we had to go back to Stockolm to pick up the rifles from another flight once BA had found them.      Easy Jet on numerous trips to Slovenia have been 100%  just let them know in advance you will be checking in and GET TO THE DESK EARLY.

11 hours ago, Old farrier said:

Are you in the uk? 
iv used easy jet and found them good if you have all your paperwork 

however this is a one way journey so maybe poses a problem with the paperwork 

if your not in the uk you maybe need import/export license 

Old farmer, yes I am based just outside London so my flight would be from Luton the Glasgow, travelling up without the firearms but travelling back with a firearms, apart from my license & the correct for sale purchase form, what other paperwork will be required!

11 hours ago, billytheghillie said:

Will RFD not be cheaper.

Billy, the flight including rail & ferry would be around £80 - £100, I have never used RFD so not really sure on costs. I’m happy for you to recommend a good RFD 👍

2 minutes ago, willj said:

Old farmer, yes I am based just outside London so my flight would be from Luton the Glasgow, travelling up without the firearms but travelling back with a firearms, apart from my license & the correct for sale purchase form, what other paperwork will be required!

There’s a list on the website (sporting equipment) recommend paying the extra few£ for express check inn 

I’ve usually flown to Europe so I needed European license 

check on ammunition if you intend to bring some back additional lock box required along with I think weight limit 

hope this helps 

3 hours ago, Old farrier said:

There’s a list on the website (sporting equipment) recommend paying the extra few£ for express check inn 

I’ve usually flown to Europe so I needed European license 

check on ammunition if you intend to bring some back additional lock box required along with I think weight limit 

hope this helps 

Old farrier, thanks for this info, I will start looking now 👍👍

As has been said, unless you are travelling up there anyway, have it RFD to RFD transfered. Use the RFD (gun shop) you normally use or your closest and your cousin does the same.

Just remember that your cert needs to be filled in by your cousin, so would need to be sent to them and then back to you, before you can pick up the gun from the RFD. Should be no more than £50.

Edited by Newbie to this

1 hour ago, Newbie to this said:

As has been said, unless you are travelling up there anyway, have it RFD to RFD transfered. Use the RFD (gun shop) you normally use or your closest and your cousin does the same.

Just remember that your cert needs to be filled in by your cousin, so would need to be sent to them and then back to you, before you can pick up the gun from the RFD. Should be no more than £50.

This, simples!

• 2 weeks later...