Today's Re-shuffle

TIGHTCHOKE

The mandarins and civil servants in each department never change, regardless of which party is in power or which minister is in the cabinet. That’s why there is never any real change, whoever is “in charge” is still fed the same nonsense by the same back room staff.

2 hours ago, bigmcg said:

The mandarins and civil servants in each department never change, regardless of which party is in power or which minister is in the cabinet. That’s why there is never any real change, whoever is “in charge” is still fed the same nonsense by the same back room staff.

Perfectly true but I bet another member will be along shortly to deny this.

4 minutes ago, oldypigeonpopper said:

Hello, this lady Coffey seems to live on another planet !!!!, Did I hear she came up with a plan for those loosing Universal credit, work some extra hours !!! Now I maybe wrong but is this benefit given to those that are unemployed 🤔

Perhaps Boris reshuffled in his soft shoes 🙄😁

I've never understood how someone who knows sod all about transport can be made minister for transport only to be shifted in the next reshuffle to become the health secretary of which he/she knows sod all about also. I can only conclude that the only criteria for getting into the cabinet is the ability to say "Yes Sir".

How much better would things be if we got rid of party politics, let every MP apply for the job on their own merit every two years whence if they don't put up they get shifted out?

1 hour ago, toxo said:

I've never understood how someone who knows sod all about transport can be made minister for transport only to be shifted in the next reshuffle to become the health secretary of which he/she knows sod all about also. I can only conclude that the only criteria for getting into the cabinet is the ability to say "Yes Sir".

How much better would things be if we got rid of party politics, let every MP apply for the job on their own merit every two years whence if they don't put up they get shifted out?

several years ago in the labour govt the minister of transport didnt have a driving liecence and didnt know thye difference between a desiel engine and a petrol engine

go figure ?

5 hours ago, toxo said:

Your clearly don't understand how the whole system works sir . They don't get promoted on , skills experience,  knowledge , and ability to do the job that they're paid for .

Your idea would be far superior 👍