Invictus shooting very high

Ayrshireshooter

25 minutes ago, Ayrshireshooter said:

I always found the shoot where you look thing a bit odd as I'm not always looking straight forward. I guess maybe it more shoot where my nose is pointing though I've seen some wonky noses .... point is, you naturally know where  forward is even if your eyes are pointing somewhere else...

Im getting back the gun tomorrow to try at the weekend.

I feel sorry for my fitter as actually think I'm bit of an nightmare. Practicing at home has probably made it worse as there are just so many ways to mount that feel comfortable and I've ended up cycling through them for some ungodly reason.

You can practise your mount at home quite easily, with the use of a large mirror. 
Stand as you would on a peg or at a clay ground in preparation to shoot. Now close both eyes and mount your gun as you would normally, but at the mirror. 
Open your eyes. If your shooting eye isn’t visible just above the rib, looking right down it, and back at you, then you’ve got it wrong.
If you’re pointing it to the left then you need to move your feet accordingly, ditto for pointing it to the right. 
You need to practise practise practise until each time you open your eyes, you see your eye looking back at you just above the rib. Do this every night until you’ve got it right, and then keep practising. 
Every sportsperson of any worth practises their sport endlessly, yet I know many shooters who put their gun away in February and expect to hit stuff with it when they get it out again the following November, and can’t understand why when they can’t!  🤷‍♂️

look at your target sit it on the bead  rather than cover it   remove the centre bead its a distraction     concentrate on  the target  not the gun      you cant hit a ball looking at the bat         if it shoots too high left or right  for you    a stock adjustment is needed     shoot it for a few months and then tweak   every gun handles different  inc balance   gun up    gun down       rubber recoil pad snags your clothing  will be inconsistent as hell and more so when colder as more clothes

• 2 weeks later...
On 17/09/2021 at 00:26, Saltings said:

look at your target sit it on the bead  rather than cover it   remove the centre bead its a distraction     concentrate on  the target  not the gun      you cant hit a ball looking at the bat         if it shoots too high left or right  for you    a stock adjustment is needed     shoot it for a few months and then tweak   every gun handles different  inc balance   gun up    gun down       rubber recoil pad snags your clothing  will be inconsistent as hell and more so when colder as more clothes

Very good advice