Gunwatch

steve_b_wales

I advertised a rifle for sale (Anschutz .22LR) on Gun Watch (via PW) and received an email from someone interested, who is not a member on here. In total, I received 3 emails from him and questions were asked about the rifle - condition etc, and all answered truthfully. I hadn't heard from the guy for a few days, so today, I emailed him and asked if he was still interested in purchasing it. I've just received a reply, and he stated ' is it deactivated as I don't have a licence to own one'.

I won't print the reply that I sent!. 

Edited by steve_b_wales

Hello, there's been quite a few scammers on these selling sites, and gun trader sent an email reference hacking, it pays to be cautious with all selling and buying, 

14 minutes ago, Vince Green said:

There was someone on Guntrader advertising an air rifle I wanted very much and I know he was advertising several other air rifles. Sent him a couple of messages but never got a reply back

What rifle were you looking for Vince ?

On 16/09/2021 at 20:44, Vince Green said:

There was someone on Guntrader advertising an air rifle I wanted very much and I know he was advertising several other air rifles. Sent him a couple of messages but never got a reply back

Maybe they are like me. I can only get internet when I am at home. I cannot get internet anywhere else, for two reasons:

1. I don't have the means to do it.

2. I have no idea how to.

I have just answered a message sent to me about 3 weeks ago. I only found it today..... imagine if someone could invent a gadget that allowed you to talk to someone properly, in real time. It would be revolutionary.  So don't immediately imagine a late response makes it a scam. I am probably going to be the first people to get caught out, I have no idea about half of the technology stuff that goes on. I have never done internet banking and have no desire to. There are far too many stories of concern.  My cheque book, on the other hand, try hacking into that.  There must be a reason legal fees have to be paid by cheque.

Edited by Accuspell