22lr Issue

Downesy

I have a Anschutz 1417 22lr. When i used it yesterday the bolt felt stiff and wasn't as smooth as usual.

There were no misfires or problems ejecting the empty cases.

As you can see from the pictures there was quite alot of what felt like a gritty substance over the bolt, Iv had the gun around 6months and it was spottless when i brought it. I added a brand new moderator and have shot less than 1500 rounds of the Winchester subsonic ammunition.

Has anyone come across this before or have any ideas where it's coming from ? 

Any help or ideas of what might be causing this ?

Thanks 👍

Screenshot_20210916-203236_Gallery.jpg

Screenshot_20210916-203140_Gallery.jpg

Screenshot_20210916-203104_Gallery.jpg

Screenshot_20210916-202943_Gallery.jpg

1 minute ago, Downesy said:

Hi. Yes I've checked that and its clean. I thought maybe it could be coming from out the moderator whilst its being carried around over my shoulder? 

Hello, ok, not likely to be the Mod,where I shoot it gets dusty around the barns so could be in the wind, anyway a good clean should fix this,

11 hours ago, Gas seal said:

Hi it looks like it’s from the moderator . A lot of hard bits are in the moderator . As London Best said it will be dropping down the barrel. If you take the moderator of and give it a knock you will know if it’s the same grit. Take it off when you store your gun.

Absolutely spot on. I took the moderator off this afternoon and gave it a tap and had quite alot of the grit come out. 

In future i will make sure its removed when the gun is in the cabinet and obviously clean what i can out of it regularly.

9 minutes ago, Downesy said:

Absolutely spot on. I took the moderator off this afternoon and gave it a tap and had quite alot of the grit come out. 

In future i will make sure its removed when the gun is in the cabinet and obviously clean what i can out of it regularly.

You should really remove it before you put it in the cabinet and clean anything around the crown storage corrosion of the crown is a common problem 

seriously effecting accuracy just a thought 👍

56 minutes ago, Old farrier said:

You should really remove it before you put it in the cabinet and clean anything around the crown storage corrosion of the crown is a common problem 

seriously effecting accuracy just a thought 👍

Very much appreciate the information.  Thank you 👍