Spectacles

steve_b_wales

• 1 month later...

Thanks for heads up !

step 1 £25 prescription check specksavers ( I can claim this back at work - VDU user ) booked online 

step 2 thank the very nice man who mot’d my eyes and printed my prescription onto a label  ( slight change in prescription from 2017 - oops )

step 3 - the dodge - “Mrs Agriv8 won’t let me buy glasses on my own - as she says Last pair I bought solo made me look a Norbert “

step 4 paid for prescription and left 

step 5 go to Google’s 4 you website enter email address for 30% off code find some glasses measuring a previous pair I like 

step 5 add prescription ( Had to measure my PD - pupil distance a ruler and bathroom mirror ) 

step 6 added these to my basket and left it - went shooting rats ! 

step 7 got an email this morning flash 70 % sale today only ! 

step 8 add 2 more pairs and checkout remove 30% code ad sale70 and checked out with PayPal 

step 9 feel smug 3 pairs for less than £50 delivered ( one clear for work /driving - 1 sunglasses for car. 1 sunglasses for home ) all with coatings .

saved enough for a few more slabs of sporting 100’s

thanks for the original post !

Agriv8

On 17/09/2021 at 17:45, steve_b_wales said:

A few months ago, I went to Specsavers to purchase two pairs of varifocal glasses. The total price was £260. They are okay and do the job they are intended to do, well. I wanted another pair to keep as a spare, as one of them is kept in work. Specsavers informed me that I would have to pay another £189 for one pair. I looked online and picked a company named Goggles 4U. They were advertising two pairs (buy on get one free) for £66:00. I took a chance and sent them my prescription. Last week, I made enquiries as to when I could expect them, and was told, 'they've been shipped'. It turns out that they are made in Cerritos California. They arrived today and I am very impressed with them. Just as good as the Specsaver ones, The frames are cheaper but I don't mind that. I'm always breaking/twisting frames anyway. 

I bought two pairs of varifocals from Specsavers but the reading part was so small it wasn't easy to use. To avoid me sending them back they made me a free pair of reading glasses. Not ideal but....

1 hour ago, Agriv8 said:

Thanks for heads up !

step 1 £25 prescription check specksavers ( I can claim this back at work - VDU user ) booked online 

step 2 thank the very nice man who mot’d my eyes and printed my prescription onto a label  ( slight change in prescription from 2017 - oops )

step 3 - the dodge - “Mrs Agriv8 won’t let me buy glasses on my own - as she says Last pair I bought solo made me look a Norbert “

step 4 paid for prescription and left 

step 5 go to Google’s 4 you website enter email address for 30% off code find some glasses measuring a previous pair I like 

step 5 add prescription ( Had to measure my PD - pupil distance a ruler and bathroom mirror ) 

step 6 added these to my basket and left it - went shooting rats ! 

step 7 got an email this morning flash 70 % sale today only ! 

step 8 add 2 more pairs and checkout remove 30% code ad sale70 and checked out with PayPal 

step 9 feel smug 3 pairs for less than £50 delivered ( one clear for work /driving - 1 sunglasses for car. 1 sunglasses for home ) all with coatings .

saved enough for a few more slabs of sporting 100’s

thanks for the original post !

Agriv8

No problem. They may take a few weeks, as they come from the USA.