First scored Competition

Tonka54

After 5 lessons and 3 practice's at Orston S/G I joined a small local club and arranged to borrow a gun from a committee member as I don't yet have my licence back due to Covid backlog and cannot move my gun from Orston yet.

My first outing at this new club turned out to be a scored comp, I was ******* myself, fortunately my gun is a B725 S1 and the gun I borrowed was a B725 pro sport and I shot in the same group as the lender.

The first stand was 4 pairs of simultaneous going away birds which crossed over each other at about 30 yards, I could not believe it !!!  the first 3 pairs I hit with one shot as they crossed and the last pair I hit one and missed the other, I immediately turned round and offered the lender a whole £100 in cash, there and then, for his gun, he answered with two words and the second one was off.😁 My final score was 31 out of 50 birds, not to shabby.  

5 hours ago, Jega said:

Well done sir,so long as you enjoyed the experience it was well worth while.

By the way,of you happen to come across any B725's going for around the £100 mark drop me a line .😄😄😄

Thanks Jega,  Yes I really enjoyed it once I got over the "stage fright".

I found that this smaller local club was a bit less "clicky" and a bit more welcoming to a newbie, When I phoned the club I explained about the certificate hold-up and not being able to remove my gun from the school, they said no problem come on down and join and we can easily fix you up with a loan gun till you get yours.

I thought that was a brilliant gesture considering they did not know me from Adam. 

3 hours ago, Tonka54 said:

Thanks Jega,  Yes I really enjoyed it once I got over the "stage fright".

I found that this smaller local club was a bit less "clicky" and a bit more welcoming to a newbie, When I phoned the club I explained about the certificate hold-up and not being able to remove my gun from the school, they said no problem come on down and join and we can easily fix you up with a loan gun till you get yours.

I thought that was a brilliant gesture considering they did not know me from Adam. 

Proper club with proper people running it makes it all so much easier .