Time wasters when selling

Marka11

Been trying to sell an Air rifle and semi auto 12g the amount of time wasters I have dealt with one in particular regarding the air rifle if he reads this then he knows who he is C S from allegedly Cumbria claims to work odd and long shifts made all the right noises agreed price even offered meet save travelling and has not responded to emails time waster. Same with the semi auto asking right questions agreeing price and then nothing even had a scammer contact me asking my last price rather folk be honest and up front or better still don’t contact me were do these time wasters get off is it some kind of thrill for them. Don’t know what others think but could there be a list of names of people who waste time and try too scam folk we do this on the BMFA website  these muppets did contact me via Gunwatch as I think people on this forum are more sensible and honest. But there were people who were honest who contacted me and it was a case of not what I want or could not agree on price that’s all I ask honesty.

Over the years, I have bought quite a few tool collections. I only buy a job lot if there is something in it that I want to keep. I normally keep what I want, sell the rest until I have my money back and then give the rest to friends, family etc. 

I can attest to the number of timewasters you meet or, in many cases, never meet. I have heard all the excuses under the sun, but the one muppet that I won't forget, is the one from Oldham - some 14 miles from me - who asked If I would deliver some tools at zero cost to him. I advertised the tools as free to collect. He wasn't happy when I declined his kind offer.

I've had some real special cases over the years . Plenty that say " Yes I'll have it " then just vanish or ignore messages.  One that messaged me daily for about six weeks , as he wanted two items for the price of one( i would have given him a free one if hed just asked , and hadn't tried to blag me) , one that was on the way to collect a free item , and text me all the way here , right until he was in my street , then he vanished forever , and one that wanted to pay in used stamps that he'd steamed from letters 😅.

26 minutes ago, mel b3 said:

I've had some real special cases over the years . Plenty that say " Yes I'll have it " then just vanish or ignore messages.  One that messaged me daily for about six weeks , as he wanted two items for the price of one( i would have given him a free one if hed just asked , and hadn't tried to blag me) , one that was on the way to collect a free item , and text me all the way here , right until he was in my street , then he vanished forever , and one that wanted to pay in used stamps that he'd steamed from letters 😅.

But you do seem to be a magnet for them!  :cool1:

I tried selling something on ebay on buy it now. First and last time.

I put it was for stricly personell collection only. Someone bought it at 1am. 

When I woke up there was a message about packing it as they had arranged a courier. I told them it stated it was for collection only as stated because it was big, in 4 bits and too heavy for me to pack. Eventually they reluctantly agreed to cancel the sale and I refunded them.

I was getting texts from the courier company wanting to arrange collection that day as he didn't cancel them. 

Then the idiot put me negative feedback on. Ebay cancelled that though and deleted it. 

I once sold a fiesta on a popular internet auction site. It sold for a mighty £254. The buyer arranged cash on collection and that was that. Eventually the weekend after a friend of the buyer turned up to collect the car. Tried to pay me £220 because it cost him money for the train fare to get to me. I refused and sent him on his way. A little later he came back offering £250. Again I refused, told him I was not haggling over 4 quid and either pay the full amount or I'll sell it to the next highest bidder. Eventually he coughed up the whole amount. Had the money on him the whole time and was just trying his luck. Decided then I will never sell a car online again. Too many idiots and trying beggars thinking you owe them something...

1 minute ago, Lsto said:

I once sold a fiesta on a popular internet auction site. It sold for a mighty £254. The buyer arranged cash on collection and that was that. Eventually the weekend after a friend of the buyer turned up to collect the car. Tried to pay me £220 because it cost him money for the train fare to get to me. I refused and sent him on his way. A little later he came back offering £250. Again I refused, told him I was not haggling over 4 quid and either pay the full amount or I'll sell it to the next highest bidder. Eventually he coughed up the whole amount. Had the money on him the whole time and was just trying his luck. Decided then I will never sell a car online again. Too many idiots and trying beggars thinking you owe them something...

You should have taken a wheel off and accepted £250, then sold him the jack and the wheel for £25.

LOL! I had a BSA Airsporter on gun selling website in January 2020 for a price...collected...of £135.

Got an message from "Mr Very Interested"...here's my cut and paste of the exchange of emails I had. In the end I got fed up of the "ever hopeful" and punted it through a local weekly chattels auction. Where it made £220. Still they say God loves a trier. Hope the OP gets some sensible offers.

MY LISTING ON A GUN SELLING WEBSITE

BSA Airsporter Mk 6 early four figure after GL serial number...GL####. Good condition for its age although it does show signs of use. A nice and overall pleasing gun. Gun has original correct front and rear sights. £135.00

AN ENQUIRY RECEIVED

Would you post and would you take 80.00 Plus could you text my phone number with your answer thanks

MY REPLY USING THE WEBSITE'S EMAIL - SO I DIDN'T SPEND THE 10p ON THE TEXT

Thank you for your enquiry. Good Luck in your search. I hope that you find an Airsporter at that price. If so tell the seller that I'll take ten.
Edited by enfieldspares